1. Beautiful views
2. Nice pools
3. Fair priced food and drinks.
4. Close to the town of San Juan del Sur if that is a positive for you.
5. Villas are spacious.
The bad...and where to begin.
1. Hectic staff, where no one is in charge and need to be asked multiple times to do anything.
2. Bugs all over the rooms. Lots of them and a full variety.
3. Staff that panders for tips housekeeping left an envelope then they throw a 15% per day on your bill. WTF? Look its one way or another. I suspect someone in management (if they have such a thing because it often seems mismanaged)
4. Room was like a dungeon with almost no natural light.
5. Very limited food selection at the restaurants and then they were often out of 50% or more of the menu. AND the waiters never told you what they were out of, instead you had to order it and then they came back. Also room service is the same menu, but requires that you pay in cash, which honestly just seems bizarre.
Bottom line: New management needed. Don't go and certainly not at $200 a night, unless you are desperately looking to be within walking distance to San Juan del Sur in which case options are limited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur