Pelican Eyes was everything I hoped it would be. The staff was great and the grounds are beautiful. One of the few places I have been where its actually prettier than the pictures on thier website. The pools are gorgeous and the views of the town are amazing. Our room was very large and cozy and well equipped with a full size coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, TV and DVD player. The outside patio also had 2 rocking chairs and a little table. My favorite part of the trip was drinking coffee out there in the morning with bread we got from the bakery in town. The only part of the resort that some people might not like is all the walking. It is VERY, VERY hilly and the walk down to town and back from where we stayed (habitacíon cielo) was quite a workout. However if walking is not your thing, the hotel offers a free car service within the resort grounds and its only $5US to have them take you in to town. Overall I thought Pelican Eyes was wonderful and would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur