Pelican Eyes is a lovely resort in San Juan del sur. When you arrive you need to know that the driveway up is VERY steep and it's best to have 4 wheel drive. The resort is actually a time-share of sorts so if you get a "casa" know that you will be in what is really a condo. Our unit was in phase 2 which is accessed by a rather bumpy dirt road. Once you are at your unit the views are amazing but just know that you most likely will need your car to get down the hill to the pool as well as further down the hill to the main entrance. This was low season so the restaurant in the phase 2 area is closed. It would have been nice if they had offered room service by the pool but when I asked I was told this was not an option. The resort did send breakfast to the room and the food was hot and very tasty. Only other issue was there were small children in all the pools. I wish they had kept families to the designated pool so those of us without kids could enjoy a quiet time. All the staff was top rate and the unit was very clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur