Although I did not stay at Pelican Eyes, I did have a wonderful dinner. We were greeted at our taxi and led to the entry way. Our greeter passed us off to one of the restaurant hostess's which led us down the stairs to our server. Each person greeted us with warm smiles, and with great friendliness as if we had known them for a long time. Very inviting. We started with Flor de Cana 7 years on the rocks, and the Watermelon Gazpacho (delicous) and the Caesar Salad (delicious), we moved onto the main course which was Lobster and Shrimp. With dinner we ordered a glass of wine..our waiter, Rigo, brought over an unopened bottle of red and opened it specifically to pour me the one glass of wine. I didn't order the bottle, just a glass. Delicious, very well done. The food itself was delicious although the portions were painfully small for the amount of money we were paying. Still hungry, we ordered the Apple Pie with vanilla ice cream which was GRADE A delicious. We had ordered the Apple Pie and coconut flan but the flan was unavailable..bummer. During our desert, the manager brought over a lovely desert wine which went lovely with the desert. Again, very welcoming and on-the-house..beautiful! The place is very romantic, very inviting. The music was not too loud, just right, with a wonderful music selection perfect for dining. Very please with the service and food just wish we received more food for the amount of money spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur