Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa
La Veranera - Playa El Coco(Playa El Coco)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotel & Resort Palermo(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$77
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

$120
$105
  • Pool
El Jardin Hotel and Restaurant(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$73
$50
Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort(San Juan del Sur)
$29
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $35/night.

HC Liri Hotel(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$55
$49
Casa Bahia Hotel(Playa Marsella)
$70
Hotel Alcazar(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$104
$80
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $90/night.

Hotel Victoriano(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$150
$365
$310
All reviewsupper poolin townfamily poolsailing tripmain restaurantgreat exercisereception areasan juanbreathtaking viewsfull kitchendestination weddingliving roombeautiful propertylounge chairswatch the sunsetbreakfast was includedcosta rica
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Pelican Eyes Resort is amazing. It's far and away the nicest place I've ever stayed in Nicaragua. The staff was incredibly helpful and professional. The food and drinks were excellent -- their seafood and wine are not to be missed. The accommodations were grandiose. My private villa had towering ceilings, a full kitchen, a dining room with a large, tasteful painting by a local artist, air conditioning, large comfy beds, three bathrooms, a private driveway, and an expansive veranda with rocking chairs and epic views of the Pacific. Beautiful tropical flowers were everywhere; they obviously pay close attention to gardening and landscaping the grounds. The three different infinity pools are spacious and have amazing views of the town of San Juan and the bay, which is a short five-minute walk down the hill. The highlight of my stay was sailing on their private yacht to a secluded beach. Snorkeling, sailing, free drinks, ceviche, and tajadas... and then the captain dropped us off at a beach break for a surf on the way home and someone from the resort came and picked us up after sunset. I didn't make it to the spa but they have a spa in the resort that I heard was amazing and inexpensive. My friend went and got a treatment from their acupuncturist and chiropractor. My stay at Pelican Eyes was especially relaxing and comfortable. This type of resort is extremely hard to find in Nicaragua. The people in charge are doing a great job. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Each villa has different characteristics, i.e. some have more rooms, private driveways, ocean views, etc.
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Our recent family trip to Nicaragua was planned to be an exploration of all that the country had to offer and to provide a much needed rest from the hustle and bustle of our day to day lives in the U.S. Once we arrived at the Pelican Eyes resort we were greeted warmly by staff who made us feel welcome and seemed to share our excitement at being in such a beautiful resort. When we got to our room I was taken back by the awesom views of the ocean and surrounding area of San Juan del Sur. The pools were cool, clean, and relaxing and also provided incredible views of the area. Staff was helpful in obtaining information concerning local beaches, horseback riding, and sailing tours, as well as top rated local restauraunts.
At pelican Eyes we got the vacation that we were wishing for and hope that others can take advantage of such a beautiful resort!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Daryl G
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was probably my favorite hotel I have ever stayed at. The casas were gigantic and clean. Most importantly the service was unreal. I have never experienced the service that we had at Pelican Eyes. I remember Rigorberto doing a great job at both of our dinners. He made us feel really special on our honeymoon and he was very professional. He always seemed to be around at the perfect time and never was intrusive. The breakfasts were amazing as well.

Overall, I highly recommend to anybody looking to relax and enjoy a great hotel.

Room Tip: Casa El Faro was off to the side and seemed really private.
1  Thank Zack P
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Seriously. I stayed at Pelican Eyes with a group of friends and was incredibly impressed. The villa is really nice, has a really great kitchen for cooking, and an awesome view to wake up to. The beds are really comfortable, the bathrooms are nice, and the living room was only alright. The food at the restaurant (a short walk from your villa, depending on where you are actually located) was delicious, well worth the VERY long wait. However, both the A/C and oven (not stove) didn't function correctly...but the service staff was quick to arrive and resolve the problems. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Pelican Eyes resort...the infinity pool is awesome for San Juan's incredible sunsets. I repeat, incredible (:

Room Tip: check your A/C as soon as you check-in
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Just came home from one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had-swimming around in the pools and the incredible few! The room/house were lovely and all of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Best margaritas in town! We will be going back soon!