On our first visit to Nicaragua we arrived at Pelican Eyes exhausted from a long border crossing from Costa Rica. Of course the road into San Juan Del Sur is an adventurous one...but when we arrived we knew we had made the right choice. Pelican Eyes is such a beautiful place and obviously intent on maintaining a real Central American feel. The people could not have been kinder and Kathy, one of the owners, went out of her way to make sure that we had everything that we needed.
We were travelling with my 9 yr. old son and he loved all the animals at the on-site animal rescue clinic. He was able to hold and play with a monkey every day as well as many cats and dogs. Heaven for a kid!
We stayed in 3 different villas and loved all of them. Each offered something a little different and you could definitely let them know when you make your reservation what you would like during your stay (sunsets, proximity to animals or swimming pool, etc.).
We were quite surprised to have such access to internet, tv, dvds, etc. in Nicaragua. We had assumed there would be a real sense of 'roughing it' but that is not what Pelican Eyes is about. This place is on par with fantastic hotels in big cities around the world and anyone visiting will not find much missing. That said, there will be bugs that survive the efficient cleaning staff but if you really can't handle it they will spray your villa down for you...
We loved this place so much for so many reasons...the incredible food, the beautiful pools, the lovely and clearly happy staff, the concern for the community around them and the care being given to animals with injuries. This is a wonderful place to stay while you visit Nicaragua and we are already planning our next visit. Come here with a sense of adventure (which will serve you well in exploring the rest of the country) and then let the beauty of this place wash over you while you enjoy your first sunset and you might find your definition of 'home' has expanded!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa offers a stunning hillside location and panoramic views of San Juan del Sur and the ocean beyond. Our infinity pools, spacious accommodations, romantically lush gardens, wonderful restaurants, open air bars, and one-of-a-kind San Juan Del Sur coastline sailing adventure are a unique experience.A visit to our Tranquila Day Spa is an experience of sheer indulgence. We offer a menu of massage and body treatments to ensure that you truly relax on your romantic Nicaraguan getaway. Experience more of Nicaragua with day trips to Granada or the artisan markets in Masaya. Here at the resort, open air yoga classes, water aerobics, and active local excursions (arranged by our concierge) help keep you fit while visiting paradise. Even our brick stairs—winding up the hillside — contribute to the cause!Our San Juan del Sur hotel’s mission is to provide a unique and memorable Nicaragua vacation experience in every aspect of your stay. Our friendly staff endeavors to fulfill every possible need or special request (and to predict those wishes perhaps not yet even realized!)No request is too big or too small. Let us know what we can do to enhance your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Eyes Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel Pelican Eyes
- Resort Pelican Eyes
- Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur