“Brand new eating experience in San Juan del Sur”
Review of Cha Cha Cha - CLOSED

Cha Cha Cha
Cuisines: Southwestern, Middle Eastern, International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2013

As a frequent visitor to San Juan del Sur, one gets used to restaurants chopping and changing, moving locations or just skipping town. This place though, if they keep up the great start, is here to stay - they really let the food do the talking.

Firstly a caveat - I remember the owners from their previous restaurant, Time Out Tavern, in Costa Rica. I was a frequent visitor there, simply because of the quality of the food, so when I had heard that they had moved to San Juan de Sur, I had to check them out the next time I was in town. I was not disappointed. Those who remember their old place might be surprised at the eclectic menu this time round. Bar/pub food this is not. Instead you have a fusion of South Western, Asian, Mediterranean, Latin... and whatever comes into head chef Steve's head on any given day.... all served up in a super friendly atmosphere with ice cold beers and great music. These guys know the hospitality business, and something like this has been a long time coming in San Juan del Sur.

Out of a 6 night stay in SJDS on business, I ate there for 4 of those nights and had a pretty good tour around their menu. The Pork Burrito comes strongly recommended and I can't say enough about the Three Bean Casserole! Outstanding.

I'm so glad that Cha Cha Cha is in San Juan del Sur and will absolutely continue to frequent the place in future visits. Strongly, strongly recommended.

djzenn, Owner at Cha Cha Cha, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thanks for the review. It means a lot that someone who loved what we did in Escazu at the TOT now loves our new and entirely different concept at Cha Cha Cha. We are looking forward to your next visit to town.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have eated at Cha Cha Cha's three times and had 3 different meals and my palate is hungry for the entire menu. The chef dedicates his delious food to every man palate and the servie is excellent also. Ambiance!!!! Charm!!!! Service!!!! Cusine!!! All make this new restaurant a number one favorite for me.

Thanks so much. We have had so much repeat business so far we know we must be doing something right. Steven likes nothing better than for someone to tell him that they loved his food. So keep the compliments coming.

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Easily the most delicious option in San Juan del Sur. I give the vegetarian three bean casserole a perfect 10. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and the prices are very reasonable.

djzenn, Owner at Cha Cha Cha, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you. We made a conscious effort to include vegetarian items. Steven's (owner/chef) daughter is vegetarian so we know how limited options can be when dining out. The Three Bean Casserole has also been enjoyed by many non-vegetarians.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Having lived in San Juan del Sur for several years I have seen my share of restaurants come and go. All that went were too expensive for this surfer town or served the same Gallo Pinto as everyone else. These guys will be here a long, long time. They have a menu that is very creative and eclectic, food I have never had before.

When you come to San Juan drop and have the ¨Orgasmic Burro¨, everyone in town already knows about and they have been only open 10 days. Also, my favorite is the Asian Stir Fry Wrap, try it you won´t regret it, and the price´s are Right!!!

With so many positive responses we feel like we have hit a home run. We have not been super busy as of yet but word of mouth has been very strong. We hope that your are right and that we are here in SJDS for a long long time. The Cheesecake Burrito with Banana Sauce does indeed seem to be the talk of the town. A number of people have already come in just to have dessert.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

You're in the hands of professionals at this new place. Relax and enjoy -- most expensive item on the menu is about $10, which is on par for mainstream San Juan's better joints, and so far it's all been delicious. Good food, strong drinks.

Thanks for the review. We will continually try to live up to the reputation we are beginning to earn. It feels good to be receiving so much praise and support and we want to keep on feeling good.