“Perfect vacation - pure relaxation in the sun...”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
View from one of the bedroom patios
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 18 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Gailon E
“Perfect vacation - pure relaxation in the sun with access to action”
Reviewed January 24, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I stayed here for a week with my wife and a group of friends. It was truly amazing. The house is gorgeous and comfortable. There are large open spaces with really nice construction, and it was great to stay somewhere that really feels unique and not like it was pumped out of a cookie cutter.

The title of the property doesn't lie - the view is truly magnificence. We watched a beautiful sunset every night from the pool. It's pretty ridiculous really.

You can walk to town or the beach, although the hills are a bit of a beast (have to earn that hilltop view) - but it's pretty cheap to pay for a short car ride up.

I would be pretty happy just sitting poolside with a book at a place like this, but we did go on a fishing trip and caught a bunch of fish I'd never heard of and saw a sea turtle up close and personal. Another day we drove up and did some site seeing around a couple volcanoes. I have no doubt that if someone was looking for an active exploration of Nicaragua this would be a good home base - but I still recommend the pool, hammock and good book rotation.

Great spot, I'd highly recommend it to a couple or a group of people who were looking for a warm vacation getaway for a bit.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View and decor
Liked least: My friend kept beating me at the pool games we were playing
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
everettsm...
Washington, DC
“Beautiful house with great views”
Reviewed April 27, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

The house was great for two families, and we had a wonderful stay. We especially enjoyed relaxing around the pool, watching the sun set and the stars come out. Karla was very helpful to us and is a great cook!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views and open-air bedrooms.
Liked least: Wifi was very spotty and slow.
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Traveling group: Large Group
Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed March 13, 2015 for a stay in November 2014

Traveling group: Friends
530WorldT...
United States
“Luxury pricing with dirty, hostel-like amenities”
Reviewed February 20, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

To give you a bit of background, we were traveling with a group of 8 total, some of whom are native Nicaraguans, and all of us stayed in various vacation rentals during our multi-week trip this year. We are all seasoned travelers who have stayed in places from hostels to luxury hotels. This rental was by far our least favorite vacation rental, for a host of reasons.

Let me start by saying that the property location itself is very beautiful, with a spectacular view. The house interior is also striking, as is the pool, but the positives of this vacation rental end there. What struck us at the very beginning was the lack of friendliness of the woman who lives on the property and acts as a cleaning person. When we arrived, she didn't introduced herself, and spent her time playing on her cell phone while we tried to figure out how to unlock the front door, even though she was standing a few feet away. One part of our group said she helped carry in a carry-on bag or two when they arrived, but was otherwise quiet and disinterested in saying hello or introducing herself.

Cleaning/bedrooms: When we arrived, there were dead bugs both on top of and IN the beds, which have no blankets, coverlets, or duvets (the beds literally just have sheets and nothing else, and blankets aren't located anyplace else in the house). There were large, multi-inch holes in some of the bedsheets. There were dead bugs and dust coating the bathroom counters when we arrived, and on almost every horizontal surface, including our night tables. The cleaning lady never cleaned up the dead bugs or dust while we were there... we ended up leaving a large dead bug near our bathroom sink (it was there when we arrived) to see if she'd cleaned, and it stayed there our whole trip. She also didn't make our beds two of the days, and the floor of the entire house was filthy dirty when we arrived. (To her credit, we saw her quickly mop the floor a few times during our stay, and she did the dishes that may have been left in the sink, but that was the extent of the cleaning). The upholstery was stained and dirty, and ill-fitting.

Bathrooms: The bathrooms come with ONE roll of toilet paper during your stay, and there's a note from the owner stating that each bathroom comes with one roll and anything more is the responsibility of the renter. Hold up... we're paying hundreds of US dollars to stay here per night, and we're allotted toilet paper like it's a hostel? That blows my mind. There were used soaps on each bathroom sink, all of which were covered with the hair of past guests... disgusting. The bathroom towels were like sandpaper and smelled absolutely horrible, and the cleaning lady never touched the towels or rearranged them throughout our stay. We realized after a few days that 'cleaning services' apparently meant something much different to her than to us... for example, the bathroom trash cans were never emptied during our stay (and FYI, be careful about scorpions... we found a little one under one of the trash cans when we finally emptied it ourselves because it had been left untouched by the cleaning person).

Air conditioning/water: The air conditioners in each room are different degrees of broken, turning on and off at will and making freight train-worthy noises constantly (the phantom power on/power off issue is unrelated to the rolling power outages that are common in the area). The water takes at least ten minutes to get warm (I'm not exaggerating), and then fluctuates between freezing and scalding for a few minutes before it returns to cold. There are also rolling water outages, but, again, this is to be expected in the area.

Basic amenities: There were other small things missing that would have made the house more vacation-rental friendly, like kitchen towels, a bag of coffee grounds for a morning cup o' joe, or pool towels. All of our other vacation rentals offered these things (and were beautifully maintained/cleaned), and were significantly less expensive.

Bottom line: There are spectacular vacation rentals all over the area; we recommend staying at one of those instead. The homeowner appears to have 'checked out' from the property and seems to have entrusted its cleanliness and success to a young woman who doesn't value customer service or basic cleaning/maintenance. Overall, we were disappointed by our stay here and do not recommend it.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Feb 20, 2015
Paola and Family,

Again, I am so very sorry you had such an awful experience. New sheets and blankets are en route as we speak. Cleaning standards will be discussed and remedied. Karla our housekeeper is by nature a quiet women who stays out of the way as much as possible as to not intrude on a guest's vacation. Most guests find this a plus as they can feel at home in the house. This is the first time I have had someone find fault with the house and/or staff and I am understandably upset and shocked. I am flying down this coming week and you can be assured that there will be some changes happening. Again, I'm very sorry.

Kait
FaithfulT...
Camarillo, California
“Lovely House Managed Very Poorly”
Reviewed February 19, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

El Arbol de Limon in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua is a lovely house with a gorgeous view. It is a pity that it is so poorly managed. Our family stayed there for 3 days. The house was never cleaned properly, toiletries were not provided in the bathrooms; instead we found used bars of soap covered with hairs; half the light bulbs were out in my bedroom; refrigerator had no ice maker; there were no covers on the beds (bedspreads, comforters, blankets), bed sheets had one inch holes; there were dead flies and dead bugs on floors and beds; one toilet leaked water all night and when supposedly fixed dripped water continuously on the floor. The owners should pay more attention to their beautiful house and have it better managed.

Traveling group: Other
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Feb 20, 2015
Paola and family,

I am so sorry that you found the house to be in such a state. We usually just have the beds made up with a top and bottom sheet as it is so hot. As it turns out I am traveling down this coming week and and bringing blankets for the beds. As far as holes in the sheets this is completely unacceptable and I have already spoken to our house manager to remedy the problem. We are a vacation rental not a hotel or bed and breakfast so you are indeed responsible for supplying your own toiletries, as it says on the listing. We have ice trays in the freezer to make ice, I'm sorry we do not have an American style frigde/freezer with a built in ice maker. Bugs are a part of life but you are correct they should not be any on your bed, I will make sure that our housekeeper is informed and a higher standard is kept. As you had my personal email and we have had multiple email conversations I wish you would have taken the time to email me at the first sign of distress so that I might had had the opportunity to fix the problems that you had.

Kait
Alaska
Reviewed April 3, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing