“I love this place”

El Bocadito Tapas Restaurante Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: El Bocadito offers a delicious fusion of Spanish tapas, world recipes and tropical ingredients. It is a perfect place for a drink on the terrace and a taste of some of the best tapas this side of the atlantic. As well as Spanish, we offer many global flavours including Greek Tzatziki, Lebanese Kefta, Middle Eastern Hummus, and even Mexican Guacamole. Catering for all budgets you can try any of the dishes on the menu as a tapa/snack, a half portion or a full dish making for an experimental and exceptional meal. Come and eat with us and get ready to be surprised and delighted.
Jinotega, Nicaragua
“I love this place”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is the best place I ate some time, and if I could eat therevevery day I will do it, I never eat before food like that.

• Visited February 2014
JorgeBonilla, Propietario at El Bocadito Tapas Restaurante Bar, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank 3DVVARD.
You're going to get the colors to much praise in so few words. Hope to see you soon so you can enjoy new delights in the Bocadito.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome dining experience in SJDS”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised about the quality of food in the city but Bocadito really stood out. We ate there twice and chose it for our last lunch before leaving town. We were in Spain the year before and the tapas were just as good and authentic as what we had there. The big difference is the price. We had 8 tapas, 2 rationes, and 4 drinks and it was around $20. Unreal. This was my wife's favorite restaurant in SJDS and it still comes up 4 months after our trip. If you're in town go there, simple enough. And the parrot is super charming!

Visited November 2013
A El Bocadito loves his friends remember him four months after having eaten! That's a sign that actually enjoyed eating with us. Thank you again.
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Great place”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed eating at El Bocadito and we also enjoyed talking to the owner "Jorge" great variety of food and great service and very clean . I recommend this place highly .

• Visited February 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

JorgeBonilla, Propietario at El Bocadito Tapas Restaurante Bar, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thanks Rejeanne. I'm glad you liked them that l these different specialties that you taste. Hope to see you soon in San Juan del Sur, by next year.
“Great tapas”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend loves tapas, it was my first time having them and neither of us were disappointed! Good prices, beautiful presentation, delicious fresh flavours. As a veggie I had a decent amount of thins to choose from and the hummus was excellent!
Definitely recommend for a lighter meal :)

Thanks Laurel. On Bocadito we like to listen to our guests, know their preferences and respond to their suggestions. So a few months ago we have given more emphasis on vegetarian and we have increased the number of dishes that culinary trend.
Surrey, Canada
“Overrated”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Not sure how this place is ranked so highly on here. There must be a lot of visitors to San Juan who really enjoy tiny portions and non-existent service. To be fair, the food was pretty good, however I ordered 2 tapas plus an entre sized meal and still had to go and get dinner elsewhere afterwards because the portions were so small. This is not to say that the prices are extremely expensive, because everything in Nicaragua is cheap compared to North American prices, but relative to alternative restaurants in the area the value here is very low. Also, there was 1 waiter working the entire restaurant the night we were there. We had to wait for a long time to get the waiter's attention in order to ask for the bill. After waiting for what had to be another 25 minutes, we just estimated how much our bill was and left cash on the table so that we could leave. The restaurant itself is nice, and the owner seemed enthusiastic and passionate, so if they sort some of their issues out it could be good. But currently there are numerous better options.

• Visited January 2014