“Excellent surf shop with a solid staff and great communication with travelers to San Juan”
Review of Moke Huhu

Moke Huhu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We strive to provide the best surfing experience in San Juan del Sur. We will get you up on your first set of waves, take you to the best local beaches, offer private, group and/or family surf lessons, facilitate transport for you to pursue adventures both on land or out at sea, and much more! All of our surf instructors are local Sanjuaneños. We are also proud to be a locally owned and operated business.
Reviewed April 12, 2016 via mobile

Hi fellow surfers and cruise ship mates. I contacted Eduardo who speaks great English and his associates 2 weeks prior to my visit via cruise ship. They were extremely helpful to my 3 amigos and me in a couple of ways; First they were quite punctual and professional in setting up a reservation for a surf lesson for me and in assisting 4 gringos that arrived via tender from the Island Princess. They picked us all up in their late model truck and charged only $5.00 each for my friends ride to the shop while my fee was included in my surf lesson. Then I was outfitted with a board and a scuff guard shirt which was needed on this occasion at Playa Remanso. They also coordinated our arrival with Gustavo of Parque de Adventura Las Nubes who runs a local zip line adventure just outside town about 15 minutes. I recommend this park as well based on my emails to Gustavo as well as positive feedback from my friends who spent the morning there.

Once I arrived at the beach Eduardo was quite thorough with my stretching routine prior to entry into the surf which is an important consideration since many muscles had not been used for a long time. He was also very thorough with explaining the dynamics of board control, position, technique, the current issue, etc. The waves ( best left ) were about 5 ft on the big sets which were quite powerful and I had my hands full in the white water. All in all the ride out there, the equipment, the advice and the professional help in making our time in port efficient was worth every cent. I highly recommend this shop and every one of the employees. Kudos to this group of young entrepreneurs that will be successful at whatever they take on!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"crew"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed April 6, 2016 via mobile

Eduardo and the boys made my experience here down in San Juan Del Sur. Such a great group of guys, extremely helpful and friendly. If Louis and Tito can get a guy like me up on the board they can get anyone up

Reviewed February 3, 2016

My boyfriend and I went surfing with Moke Huhu and had a great time! We decided to take lessons, as it was our first time surfing, and it turned out to be well needed! Without the instructors, I'm not sure we would ever have caught a wave. The Moke Huhu guys were super friendly and gave very valuable tips. Theirs boards were nice and easy to surf with.
After the two-hour lesson, we grabbed lunched at the beach and hit the water again as we had the boards for the day!
We didn't catch that many waves on our own, but we had an amazing time anyway!
To read more about your experience, go to our blog FarmBoy & CityGirl

Reviewed January 14, 2016

The surf lessons are great! They will take you to beaches near San Juan del Sur (even Hermosa beach, which was my favorite). The instructors are patient and they really help you get on the board.

The guesthouse was very nice, they had a great patio and an elevated seating area that was a great place to have a few beers after dinner. Everyone who worked there was very nice and accommodating.

We stayed in room number 1 which was close to the front desk and it was a little too loud. There was a lot of street noise and dogs barking. I would aim to get an interior room if possible.

1  Thank Hilary T