“Surfing ”
Review of Moke Huhu

Moke Huhu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We strive to provide the best surfing experience in San Juan del Sur. We will get you up on your first set of waves, take you to the best local beaches, offer private, group and/or family surf lessons, facilitate transport for you to pursue adventures both on land or out at sea, and much more! All of our surf instructors are local Sanjuaneños. We are also proud to be a locally owned and operated business.
Reviewed April 6, 2016 via mobile

Eduardo and the boys made my experience here down in San Juan Del Sur. Such a great group of guys, extremely helpful and friendly. If Louis and Tito can get a guy like me up on the board they can get anyone up

All reviews
"basics"
in 3 reviews
"nica"

Reviewed February 3, 2016

My boyfriend and I went surfing with Moke Huhu and had a great time! We decided to take lessons, as it was our first time surfing, and it turned out to be well needed! Without the instructors, I'm not sure we would ever have caught a wave. The Moke Huhu guys were super friendly and gave very valuable tips. Theirs boards were nice and easy to surf with.
After the two-hour lesson, we grabbed lunched at the beach and hit the water again as we had the boards for the day!
We didn't catch that many waves on our own, but we had an amazing time anyway!
To read more about your experience, go to our blog FarmBoy & CityGirl

Reviewed January 14, 2016

The surf lessons are great! They will take you to beaches near San Juan del Sur (even Hermosa beach, which was my favorite). The instructors are patient and they really help you get on the board.

The guesthouse was very nice, they had a great patio and an elevated seating area that was a great place to have a few beers after dinner. Everyone who worked there was very nice and accommodating.

We stayed in room number 1 which was close to the front desk and it was a little too loud. There was a lot of street noise and dogs barking. I would aim to get an interior room if possible.

1  Thank Hilary T
Reviewed December 28, 2015 via mobile

Loved the surfing lesson (our first one!) with these guys. Highly recommend and would definitely work with them on our next trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 7, 2015

Moke Huhu was an important part of my experience in San Juan. I had tried surfing a few times before but never did I have so much success as I did here. I took two lessons in a small group with Saul at Playa Remanso, and since I was able to stand up already he started explaining how to read the waves, how to position myself and prepare to drop in. At the end of the first day I was catching a few waves by myself (normally in lessons the instructor pushes you into the waves to give you more speed and relieve some of the paddling burden) and he took some pictures with his GoPro. After a few hours I could barely push myself up anymore because I was so tired, but I didn't want to stop. The feeling of actually riding a wave is incredible and certainly addicting! You can keep the board rental after the lesson to practice more, and take a shuttle back in the afternoon. For our last few days in San Juan, Eduardo ended up driving my friends and I to a few other nearby beaches and he was our taxi driver to the ferry for Isla Ometepe, as once we connected I preferred to travel with someone I knew (and his truck is quite comfortable and he let us hook up our ipod for the ride!) I can't forget that Osman took care of me anytime I was in the shop - overall I can't recommend these guys enough, and I'll certainly be linking up with them again when I'm back in Nica :)

1  Thank mxba01