“Great surf lessons! ”
Review of Moke Huhu

Moke Huhu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We strive to provide the best surfing experience in San Juan del Sur. We will get you up on your first set of waves, take you to the best local beaches, offer private, group and/or family surf lessons, facilitate transport for you to pursue adventures both on land or out at sea, and much more! All of our surf instructors are local Sanjuaneños. We are also proud to be a locally owned and operated business.
Reviewed December 28, 2015 via mobile

Loved the surfing lesson (our first one!) with these guys. Highly recommend and would definitely work with them on our next trip.

All reviews
"basics"
in 3 reviews
"nica"

Reviewed December 7, 2015

Moke Huhu was an important part of my experience in San Juan. I had tried surfing a few times before but never did I have so much success as I did here. I took two lessons in a small group with Saul at Playa Remanso, and since I was able to stand up already he started explaining how to read the waves, how to position myself and prepare to drop in. At the end of the first day I was catching a few waves by myself (normally in lessons the instructor pushes you into the waves to give you more speed and relieve some of the paddling burden) and he took some pictures with his GoPro. After a few hours I could barely push myself up anymore because I was so tired, but I didn't want to stop. The feeling of actually riding a wave is incredible and certainly addicting! You can keep the board rental after the lesson to practice more, and take a shuttle back in the afternoon. For our last few days in San Juan, Eduardo ended up driving my friends and I to a few other nearby beaches and he was our taxi driver to the ferry for Isla Ometepe, as once we connected I preferred to travel with someone I knew (and his truck is quite comfortable and he let us hook up our ipod for the ride!) I can't forget that Osman took care of me anytime I was in the shop - overall I can't recommend these guys enough, and I'll certainly be linking up with them again when I'm back in Nica :)

1  Thank mxba01
Reviewed November 18, 2015

Thoroughly recommend Eduardo and Moke HuHu Surf School in SJDS!! He promised he would 'get us up' and he did! Eduardo was a ton of fun, his English is great, his skillful direction and simple instructions made us feel very comfortable as first timers in the surf! His strength, patience and compassion were all exactly what we, as 'mature' ladies, required to have an extraordinary unforgettable experience. The beach was awesome, and the drive through the backroad 'jungle' very cool.

Thanks a bunch Eduardo, you rock!

Reviewed November 17, 2015

We had a fabulous time with Eduardo on Playa Majagual. His surf instructions were excellent for us first timers over 50 and we even road a wave! Absolutely Exhilarating!! Thanks so much for your time and patience and for making my first trip to SJDS so amazing. I will be back!