“Great Food, however this guy reminded me of the soup nazi in Seinfeld.”

King Curry: Doza's Cafetin
Cuisines: German, Indian, Thai
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This guy is a great cook and I think he knows it. This place is very basic, there's a kitchen and a couple of tables, we sat outside at one point while waiting for our dinner. He reminded us so much of the soup nazi in seinfeld. My fiance left the door to restrooms open and he immediately came over and scolded us to keep it closed as it creates to much wind for the kitchen. He then asked us if we wanted fried cheese on our salad, When we told him "no thanks" he told us it's really good with the fried cheese and that we should try it. When we refused, we thought he was going to say "no food for you!" & toss us out. He's good but beware of the Curry Nazi.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Kind curry was not bad food.. No naan bread though or authentic butter chicken. The butter chicken on the menu is grilled ... Not bad though if you have a curry hankering ;)

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Having been a fan of Indian food for quite some time and actually having spent a few weeks on the Indian subcontinent, I can highly recommend this place. Markus, the owner, is a German who live in India. I came here every other day for 4-5 weeks and always got served excellent food. For dessert: you have to try the cheesecake!

1  Thank conti8180
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I spent a month in del sur and got to no the owner Marcus very well what ever curry you wanted or how you wanted it he would do it I even went to the market across the road to buy chilli as I like my curries extra extra hot in England we call it a Phal Take my word for it you wont find a better curry anywhere Perfecto

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I am giving 5 stars more for this young cook's efficiency, creativity and the coolness than for the curries. The dude is from Berlin and his modest little place has two long tables with benches and two small round tables. So, if you go around 6.30-7.00 p.m. the place is packed. This happened to us, so we went to get a cocktail first and let the people finish their meals. When we returned one hour later, the place was still packed and some of the same people were still hanging out. But, some of them moved around to give us space to sit. So, I would say it is a popular spot for young people, mostly western tourists on a small budget. The menu, which was only in English had very interesting main dishes, drinks, and desserts. The food was dirt cheap at the time of writing, in January 2014.

Markus, the chef had lived in Asia and learned Asian cuisine. He has modified Asian dishes to a Western Palate and it is very interesting how creatively he has done it. I personally did not find the curries to be very authentic Asian, but it was all very tasty. He tries to make it organic and presents it in a nice manner. The plate in front of you shows that he really loves to cook. We found out that he actually studied culinary arts in Germany.

What impressive was how he managed to cook every thing by himself in the little kitchen right in front of the dining area. There was a young woman taking orders, cutting fruits etc, but the solo chef was super busy keeping in mind which order came first, second and third etc.

We also ordered a dessert, pancake with fruit and we had to wait a while because there were other people who had ordered their main dishes. When they were served, then came our dessert. It was presented so nicely, a creative piece of work, and best of all, it was delicious!

Then he stepped outside for a cigarette, but in less than 5 minutes had to throw it away because there was another customer. I asked him how he could do all this by himself and he said it was especially busy that night. He also joked that he should probably hike the prices to have bit more breaks.

I somehow do not see this happening. It was an interesting evening!

1  Thank SunnyW358