“Perfect ending for your meals”

Superfrutto Gelateria
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Perfect ending for your meals”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

After sunset dinner in one of the restaurants nearby and because of a recommendation from our hotel's hosts, me and my husband decided to go for it. We were glad to be in early as they had plenty of every flavor. We couldn't help to notice the bright color of the dragon fruit gelato. Both of us had 2 different tastes so we could try the most of them. The gelato is great and for the price you cannot go wrong!

• Visited June 2013

Charlottesville, Virginia
“pretty good”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good ice cream, but service with an attitude. Went there a few times and no one smiled. There are about 14 flavors of gelato, not bad for a small town. Unfortunately the gelato is not frozen all the way through and it melts very quickly. I have learned to order at the smaller size in a cup and return for seconds if I am still hungry. Much better than the Nicaraguan ice cream shop.

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, IL
“Great Gelato, Period.”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I can't understand the less than stellar review of Superfrutto Gelateria in SJDS... the gelato was on par with the best I've had in Italy, US, Spain... anywhere... and it's a fraction of the price in Nica. I'm partial to caffe, but others in our group were just as impressed with the stracciatella and yogurt flavors.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Uncle-Rico-Chi
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
“real ice cream in an unexpected place.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

For a special after dinner treat of of Superfrutto's unusual flavors never ceases to hit the spot. It is a step up in ice cream quality. The prices are reasonable and the service almost instantaneous. It is 99% take out but I wouldn't let that hold you back. It is just steps from the boardwalk where you can watch one of San Juan del Sur's spectacular sunsets. This place is suitable for children of all ages.

Visited April 2013
Miami, Florida
“Had higher expectations”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Although I am not an expert on all things gelatto, I did find the gellato here a tad on the sweet and syrupy side compared to other gelattos I have sampled.

• Visited April 2013