“Fantastic place, best place in town, super helpful staff”
Review of Hotel Alcazar

Hotel Alcazar
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in San Juan del Sur
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I really liked this place. Great value for money & great place

Staff were brilliant - booked us a lot of trips (esp a great hike up the volcano on omatepe!) & everything was great. Really clean etc

Really good location, good bfast. STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We enjoyed everything about our stay at Hotel Alcazar. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and comfortable-nice bed, bathroom and good AC. The hotel is conveniently located on the main street running parallel to the beach and has great views and easy access to everything in town. You have a choice to have breakfast downstairs or they will deliver to your room. (Great bonus). We had ours on our beautiful balcony. This is when we really felt like we were on vacation. Wonderful way to begin the day. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Hotel Alcazar was a last minute find, and I was certainly glad I came across it. The hotel exceeded my every expectation. Located right in front of the sea, the views from the room were stunning, and quickly proved to be the best spot to watch the stunning sunsets each evening. Waking up to views of the sea from the terrace was equally as beautiful. The staff were all very accommodating and helpful when I had questions about San Juan Del Sur, or anything else. The hotel was very safe, with a security on duty every night. I truly enjoyed my time in San Juan Del Sur and at Hotel Alcazar. I shall return. Thank you for making my stay so wonderful.

Room Tip: Room #7 on the very top floor provided for unrivaled views of the sunset. Watch it from your terrac...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank LDawson2
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Spent a lot of time on the internet trying to figure out the best place to stay in San Juan del sur. this was my choice and I think I scored big. Nice view of the ocean from the balcony, great restaurant directly across the street (any shrimp dish), and very friendly/helpful staff. Stayed 5 nights in February 2014. Neil and Linda.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I spent 2 nights at the Hotel Alacazar. The rooms were beautiful and clean with great Ocean view. The staff was friendly and helpful. Directly across a small, lightly traveled street, is a very large and pristine beach. It is in a bay surrounded by picturesque mountains. The beach front restaurants are very nice and very cheap ( fresh lobster for $9). The rooms are spacious and well appointed with all the modern amenities. The terrace is spectacular. A terrific place and a wonderful experience. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank minuteman4
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel and I was very impressed with the hotel and the service.
I stayed in room 7 and that was an awesome beautiful room, more like a penthouse room with a big patio overlooking the beach. I can really recommend it. Gorgeous views!
The staff was very friendly and service minded. A small breakfast was included (coffe or juice and a ball with fresh fruits).
Hotel is very centrally located next to the beach and with walking distance to everything. Everything is newly renovated and with beautiful finishes and materials. The hotel feel like it is new built.
The pool area are more like a courtyard with a soaking pool.
Yes there are some noise in the evenings from nearby bars and clubs but I had my windows and doors closed and had no problems with it.
This is the best location in town.
I will definitely stay here again and I recommend it to others.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dannes-Travel
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was a perfect place to stay! The room was wonderful, and you can't beat the location - across the street from the beach. We even ran out of the hotel barefoot one day so we wouldn't have to worry about our stuff at the beach.

We made great use of our private balcony overlooking the beach. I highly recommend springing for a room that has one of those.

My only complaint was that fellow guest upstairs played his music a little loud when we were trying to sleep. But, I'll cut him some slack 'cause playing at the beach had us going to bed at 8:30pm.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple