“Not what I was expecting”
Review of Nacho Libre

Nacho Libre
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gourmet Hamburgers-the BEST in San Juan del Sur
“Not what I was expecting”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went here for the first time after spending 3 weeks in San Juan Del Sur based on all the recommendations here.

Let me say that I was terribly disappointed by this restaurant. First, I will point out the good things, which included the service, the buns, and the toppings.

However, that does not make up for the burgers and fries. Maybe I'm expecting too much(as a New Yorker) however the meat had an offensive aftertaste. I'm not sure if irradiated burgers taste different, but if they do, this was probably similar to that. In addition to the aftertaste they were rather overcooked to medium well.

Finally, the price is pretty outrageous for what they give you. It is one of the more expensive restaurants in town, by 100 cordobas. I would skip this joint, head to a comedor for a great meal at 60 cordobas or somewhere like Republika if you really want a burger.

• Visited April 2013

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great burgers”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Super fresh burgers - so much so that the patty and fries were made right in front of our eyes ! great flavors and presentation - the plate could be right out of a posh restaurant. The quikry names add to the experience.

Visited March 2013
Rogers, Arkansas, United States
“Best Burger in Central America”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been traveling through Central America just over a year now and this is one of the only real hamburgers(by American Standards) that I've found and by the far the best. Used to eat here when I was in SJDS August and September of 2012, it was my first stop when I returned to visit for a few days. The fresh homemade fries are great and so are the fried pickles.

• Visited April 2013
Oak Island, North Carolina
“Well prepared”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very well prepared burgers and fries at a reasonable price. A good selection of toppings available albeit a little unusual some of the selections but well worth a visit for a quality burger.

• Visited March 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
“The BEST hamburgers....top notch!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We happened upon this "burger joint" while walking around in centro SJdS and it was superb! The BEST hamburger we've had in a long time. The owner was super friendly! We had the "bareback" burger with BBQ sauce, onion rings, and bacon....it was awesome and the fries were the best! Prices are about $7. Would highly suggest you visit!

Visited March 2013