“most relaxing outdoor setting for a massage since Bali”

Energy Touch: Custom Tailored Body Therapy
More attraction details
Owner description: As you lie on the table under crisp soft cotton sheets, the hushed sound of ocean waves and calming music draws you in. Slowly, you begin to relax. The faint smell of coconut oil helps center you, as the massage therapist gently warms the oil in her hands before beginning your massage. The tension and pains of your throbbing and overstressed muscles, together with the simple need for a healing touch cry out for therapeutic hands to start their work. As the massage session gets underway, the problems of your world are released, and you fade into 60 minutes of pure bliss–a wave of calm and relief brushes over you, allowing you to fall into a deep place of pure relaxation. You emerge from the session, peaceful, centered, and rejuvenated, ready to experience more of Nicaragua. Energy Touch was founded by Amanda VanderArk, who is a U.S. nationally certified massage therapist and body worker. Before relocating to Playa Coco Nicaragua in January 2012, Amanda offered professional therapeutic massage services for a chiropractic practice and spa in Michigan. Energy Touch creates custom tailored experience for the body and mind, using a range of therapeutic and all natural body treatments. The compassion at Energy Touch will assist in the relaxation of the body, rejuvenation of the mind, and in the renewal of the spirit.
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I always seek out a massage option when I travel and I was lucky enough to find Amanda on this quiet stretch of pristine beach just south of crazy SJDS. I've traveled a lot and I love to treat myself to a local massage. Granted, Amanda isn't a local (and she's pricer at $40/hr even when compared to the massage I got at a reputable yoga center in Granada - where they charge $22/hr), her setting certainly is VERY relaxing - with the sound of the surf intermingling with her relaxing ambient tunes, easy-going banter (when engaged - or you can just remain silent and drift in and out of sleep). Make sure you set the massage table at an angle so that the sun doesn't bake your head before you begin (which I did). Also, tap into her travel advice after the massage - she's been a travel agent in a past life and is well connected (she and her husband are building a boutique hotel on that stretch). A recommended this as a treat at the end of a hard day lazying on the beach ;) Go on, you deserve it.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

What more could you ask for?? You travel from San Juan down a bumpy road feeling happy and adventureous... You arrive minutes alter at Playa Coco, an amazing semi-secluded beach with a beautiful long stretch of sand anchored by two cliffs on either end. You feel giddy that you found this little oasis that most people miss. And then you come across Healing Touch. Why not??
Amanda has a deep knowledge of massage and essential oils and as it turns out, Ayurvedic techniques. With curtains blowing in the wind, soft music and ocean waves in the background... I couldn't think of a more idyllic location for an amazingly relaxing massage. My feel is that Amanda is doing things to you that maybe we can't even comprehend. But the Healing Touch is just that. Amazing experience that you would pay triple the price at home, and not nearly as authentic and beautiful!! A must do for Playa Coco!!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I had the pleasure of Amanda visiting my hotel suite and gave me a wonderful hour of a great gentle massage, just what I asked for. She was concerned about the pressure and adjusted to give me just the right pressure. She brings her music and massage table wherever you want. Give her a try, you won't be disappointed in her or her rates!
Renda

Reviewed June 25, 2012

What an amazing massage!! The music played blended perfectly with the peaceful sound of the ocean. The addition of the wonderful cool breeze under the beautiful shade trees, made a true healing experience.
I booked 3 sessions the 5 days we were there. Highly recommend!!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Amanda. Her style is "Deep tissue" meets "Thai" with a little feel good. A great mix of muscle and energy work. Thanx Amanda! You made my day!