“Highly recommend”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The views from the boat are amazing. From the volcanic layers to the unique beach coves, it is an amazing trip. Ken and his crew are very hospitable and the food is great.........strongly recommend!!!

Visited June 2012

Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Good Times Had by All!”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

As everyone else has said, this is a really fun experience to get out on the water and see the shores of Nicaragua. Beautiful weather, many cervezas, and great guacamole, make for a spectacular day! I think we paid 50$ for a half day of sailing, swimming, sight seeing, and good conversation. We highly recommend this.

Visited April 2012
San Juan Del Sur
“Sail Boat Tour”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I spent 6 weeks in Nicaragua and this trip will be my second time in Nicaragua. I have met many good friends in San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua, so we all decided to take the sale boat tour. I had a great time and the weather was perfect. We anchored out at the Playa Blanca beach.

Captain Ken´s crew was absolutely so cool, they served drinks and a great lunch. Captain Ken was very professional as well as his crew. We watched a great sunset and had a ball. I recommend Second Wind Sail boat tours to any one. It was a blast. I also recommend Dorado´s Bar & Grill for dinner and beautiful sunset on the beach with a bond fire. Food and service is excellent and at reasonable prices.

Glenn
Chicago, Il

Visited May 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“Sail Boat Tour”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have been traveling Central America for 5 years and decided to take a trip to Nicaragua on a Passport run, during my stay in Nicaragua I met several people at Rositas Hotel. We all decided to take a Sail Boat tour aboard Second Wind about 14 of us. Just as we set sail to Playa Blanco
Captain Kenny had his staff start serving the guest drinks during the sale, his staff was great, they couldn´t have served the drinks any faster.

When we arrived at Playa Blanco, we anchored and I was the first to jump in the water and swim ashore. I finally decided to swim back to the boat, once back on the boat Captain Kenny´s staff served a great lunch.

We headed back to San Juan and it was a great sunset and much more drinks, everybudy had a great time. The sea was calm and a great wind. We spent 5 hours out.

The price is very good, and the trip was great and everyone had a great time. I highly recommend anyone who travels to San Juan Del Sur Nicaragua to take a Sail Tour aboard the Second Wind.

Dave
Miami, Florida

Visited April 2012
Manor, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best thing we did in San Jua”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We met the captain visiting with some folks at our hotel. My wife had lost her passport, and he helped us navigate all the issues involved with that at significant cost to himself, even though we were not even prospective customers so we already knew he was a great guy.

The trip itself was a wonderful cool respite from the heat and noise on shore. The shoreline was gorgeous with thundering waves crashing against cliffs sending spray 60' in the air. The water was vibrant blue and we caught a large Jack. They grilled it when we stopped to swim at a protected lonely beach. The crew had delicious side dishes to go with the meal, and of course all through the trip you could get any type of drinks you wanted.

They provided us with mask, snorkel and fins for skin diving. We did not see too much, but we did see sea urchins and neon blue & yellow fish, but don't expect a reef diving experience.

The sailboat has two cabins and two restrooms so there is plenty of space, and you have the run of the boat.

My wife speaks Spanish and was impressed that the captain (Ken) treated his Nicaraguan crew with respect and dignity.

Affordable, easy, comfortable. No regrets.

Corky and Sandy from Manor, TX