“cozy”

Description: jugososjs@gmail.com
Portland, Oregon
“cozy”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

A vegetarian sandwich - with an egg. It was unusual to say the least, but not bad. I must have missed the "egg" part in the menu.

• Visited December 2012

Zurich, Switzerland
“Delicious Burgers”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My girlfriend and me had lunch there. It was great. Ok, it took a little while until the burgers arrived but it was worth to wait. We had a cheese and and a dirty burger. The dirty burger was the best burger I had so far in Nicaragua. Very tasty and big enough to still my hunger.
I was so impressed that I wanted to return on the next day for breakfast. Unfortunately the restaurant was still closed after 9am (opening times are from 9am to 9pm...). But that doesn't matter for me, it was still a great lunch the day before.

• Visited December 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Healthy vegetarian food made with precision and tenderness”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

During my three month stay in San Juan I found what would become my favourite restaurant on my second night. Owned and operating by a young and very friendly Spanish couple this is best option for vegetarian fare in town. The ingredients are always fresh, the combinations of items and flavours creative and well designed for both taste and good health. As the restaurant name suggests they offer an array of fruit and vegetable smoothies that will suite any predilection. (For something different try the beet and orange smoothie--you feel like a better person when you're done)

My favourite dish--and the one I came back for again and again is the Jugoso vegetarian plate which includes rice, a zesty salad, Spanish omelette, a black bean stuffed green pepper and fried onions & tomatoes. It all fits together perfectly and always left me satsfied. The Rock n Rolla salad is also delightful. I can't comment on any of the non vegetarian dishes but I'm sure they're also up to par.

If you're in San Juan for only a couple nights you must make it here for one meal. If you're in town for awhile, as I was, you'll keep coming back. A word of advice: for dinner, go early--the place is small and can fill up fast. Best of all, the prices are extremely reasonable, and the service very friendly and engaging.

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Every ingredient a medley of deliciousness and health”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I've been to jugoso for the last 3 days in a row which is so unusual for me because I usually love trying new restaurants. The salads here are just sooo good. Tasty, good quality ingredients, inexpensive n served with a smile! Massive win for a lunch or dinner option in San juan del sur.

La Grande, Oregon
“Just Right”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Thank you to RoseVR for recommending the chicken curry dish. Not very spicy, but very tasty. Went to Gaby's Laundry to pick up clean clothes and stopped at Jugoso for a light dinner. The Coconut Curry Chicken was great. Suitable portions of chicken atop a well-prepared and presented curried rice. Hit the spot. Note to self: Nica Libre and Cuba Libre are not similar. Love Cuba Libre's for the sweet Rum and Coke. Nica Libre's quite tart by comparison. Drank it all nonetheless. ;-)

• Visited November 2012