“if it weren't unethical, I would rate this place one-star”

Playa Hermosa Surf Camp
More attraction details
Owner description: Come enjoy the beach where Survivor Nicaragua was filmed in 2010. We have 3km of virgin white sand beaches. Great surfing, swimming, tide pooling, and we have horses ready to run you up and down the sand. Shuttles from town (SJDS) are available, and we have a beach bar/restaurant and hotel if you want to spend some quality time relaxing on the beach...
San Francisco, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“if it weren't unethical, I would rate this place one-star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

to keep you all away. Great beach for surfing hanging and now even staying the night with their new 6 (?) room facility. It's no Hilton but the waves are great. $3 entry fee keeps out the riffiest of the riffraff. A few too many package surfers nowadays but still hard to beat. Did I mention they had a great volleyball court too. Oh and the new full service kitchen....uh, I mean this place really sucks, don't go there. ;)

Phoenix, Arizona
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

It was my first time surfing and Saul showed me how to surf. I am not the most coordinated person, but I was able to get up a few times. I paid $25 for 2 hours of private lessons and then had the board the rest of the day. Saul actually went out with us a second time and took some great photos of myself and my friend. Would do it again!

Seattle, WA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Surf and turtles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

We came for a private surf lesson from Saul and had a wonderful time. We got up on the first few waves. It was alot easier to learn to surf than I thought! Saul was patient and fun to learn from. Loved the baby sea turtles and friendly staff!

Park City, Utah
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

This beach is well worth the drive. We enjoyed good surf, good food and drinks.

Visited May 2012
La Pine, Oregon, USA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Baby Turtles Return to the Aea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I spent 11 days in San Juan del Sur. The most rewarding experience was watching the baby turtles return to the sea after they were nutured by humans for a few days so they could endure their journey back into the ocean where their mother's came. Watching the little turtles was watching the renewal of life. It filled me with an emotion that is hard to describe. Try it...you won't be sorry!

Visited April 2012