“Good Times To be Sure”

Good Times Surf Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you looking for a fun, authentic surf experience in San Juan del Sur? You will find here a small but complete and authentic surf shop with everything you need for surf in Nicaragua, including accurate and helpful advice and information! We have a great selection of surfboards for rent of all shapes and sizes, from a 5'7" shortboard to a 11'6" paddle board and literally everything in between. Surf lessons, surf tours, all types of accessories, rashguards, and great quality original clothing too from REEF, Quiksilver, O'Neill, and other brands at reasonable prices. Most of all, though, you will have memorable experiences.We currently do not pad our listing with fake reviews, so please stop in, or send me an email or even give us an old-fashioned phone call to to find out what it's all about.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good Times To be Sure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Miguel, Jorge and the rest of the band of surfers from Good Time surf shop take you to the beach, teach you to surf lessons and entertain you. They were loads of fun. I took my two kids, 11 and 14, multiple times. We had only a little bit of experience surfing but after lessons with Miguel were ready to go out on our own (within reason of course). Thanks for great lessons and a fun time.

David G, Owner at Good Times Surf Shop, responded to this review, July 13, 2015
Thank you Lara for taking the time to write us a review. Man time flies. It seems like just yesterday that you were here with your family. Come again soon! Or if not I will have to go to Madison, WI to try ice fishing this winter.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Laid back, super friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We booked a 2 hour lesson with these guys. When we got to the beach it was a little big out so our instructor Miguel sorted us out with beers tacos and jokes til the tide went out a little and more appropriate for me and the Mrs. (beginners). What started out as feeling like a bit of an inconvenience turned into one of the best days we spent in SJDS. Thanks guys, you went over and above.

I salute you!

David G, Owner at Good Times Surf Shop, responded to this review, July 13, 2015
Thanks Charlie for taking the time to write us a review. I hardly ever check the reviews, mostly out of fear, and I should because it reminds me of all the great people i've had the pleasure to meet over the years. Miguel just got married, at the taco stand/bar at Remanso actually. I think he's doing something miserable in Managua for the time being but will be back out at the beach soon. Thanks again.
Denver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beyond terrible service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

This is well documented, but I feel the need to voice my concerns. The service here is beyond terrible. The owner displayed no interest in helping us at all. He was more interested in some new little toy he was playing with. We asked him numerous questions, blatantly suggesting we needed help and he still didn't approach us; rather, he rudely addressed us from across the room.
We would recommend you go elsewhere. There are numerous other surf shops in the town that will provide the same or better surf board rental price.

David G, Owner at Good Times Surf Shop, responded to this review, July 13, 2015
Sorry about that. I was on the phone with my bank dealing with some identity theft. My guy at the counter was out running an errand.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome guys!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

The guys at Good Times are the best! We brought our 9-year-old son to surf the waves of Nicaragua and we were so lucky to find this shop. They picked us up at the el Jardin and brought us to Maderas and another break which was perfect for our son. Ask for Miguel. He's the man!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jess_Basi
David G, Owner at Good Times Surf Shop, responded to this review, July 13, 2015
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! Miguel got married and is working at Guacalito La Isla I think. Pedro is still here though.
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Bad service, unfriendly, and they charged us for a ding on a surf board I am sure we didn't make, avoid this shop!

Visited July 2014
David G, Owner at Good Times Surf Shop, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thanks for your review, however negative an unfair it may be. If I'm not mistaken, I charged $5 for damage to the board, in addition to the $15 for the fin you broke off. It's kind of the bare minimum amount. I don't think that counts as 'beyond terrible service'. You were just upset at having to pay $5. Next time be more careful in the water and don't ride your board all the way into the beach, as it says in our guidelines.