“Muchas Gracias, Amigos”

Good Times Surf Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you looking for a fun, authentic surf experience in San Juan del Sur? You will find here a small but complete and authentic surf shop with everything you need for surf in Nicaragua, including accurate and helpful advice and information! We have a great selection of surfboards for rent of all shapes and sizes, from a 5'7" shortboard to a 11'6" paddle board and literally everything in between. Surf lessons, surf tours, all types of accessories, rashguards, and great quality original clothing too from REEF, Quiksilver, O'Neill, and other brands at reasonable prices. Most of all, though, you will have memorable experiences.We currently do not pad our listing with fake reviews, so please stop in, or send me an email or even give us an old-fashioned phone call to to find out what it's all about.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I just wanted a chance to let people know what a killer job these guys are doing at Good Times Surf Shop. They saw how pasty I was the moment I set foot on the street in front of their cool little shop and went out of their way to make sure I got rolling on a primo surf trip rather than fumbling around for answers. If you find yourself looking for a way to up your surfing i.q. and get set up with a quality board and a ride to the best surf breaks around SJDS (Hermosa, Maderas, etc.) these guys are your go-to spot.
They have boards for all level of surfers and make it easy to get the one you want, get it on the rig, and get you to the water safely and quickly. The other intangible that gets forgotten in these situations in personability and just having fun. Being professional and providing a fun, familiar, welcoming atmosphere is what Good Times is all about and they are really in line with the overall vibe in San Juan. I had a great trip and can't wait to get back to the beach with these guys. Thanks to David and everyone on his staff. They stoked my trip for sure! Keep Smilin guys, see ya soon...

David G, Owner at Good Times Surf Shop, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Wow! Thanks for your great review!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

had a really bad accident at the beach and these guys where there to pick up the pieces. looked after me on the beach, helped me get of, organized a cab to the hospital. just way above and beyond. cant thank them enough.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

During our two weeks in San Juan Del Sur we found ourselves hitting the same spot over and over again: Good Times Surf Shop. Sure, you can find a ride to one of the beaches close to SJDS on the street but I would put my money on Good Times: nice people with a sweet attitude, honest prices and a great selection of surfboards makes it a winning combination.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hola just want to say that the guys at goodtimes a great to deal with- they keep it honest with there beach transfers and have good boards to rent - not sure what happened with the last guys entry but the 2nd hand boards are cheap - he should compare with prices back home - Ive traveled the world surfing - run my own surf tourism ventures and know how difficult it is to make a living when operating in different countries- i can imagine it would be pretty hard in Nicaragua.
I think the prices are great - also when you go to resell a board you always loss money.
Cheers Paulo

David G, Owner at Good Times Surf Shop, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thanks Paul. We've enjoyed taking your group out. If I only could have gotten your phone back from that cross-dresser thief you'd have given us 5 stars!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Been going to Dave at Good Times for years. He knows the area, has respect for the local culture and offers fair prices and good quality rental boards. Had a great Semana Santa down there last week. Last year we did a boat trip up to some more northern breaks for some epic surf. Highly recommended. Not sure what Alanu141 was talking about. He was apparently there last week when I was there. All the boards I saw for sale looked reasonably priced. I rented a board every day for 10 days straight with no problems. Fins don't just break off boards unless you crash into something.

-Mike

David G, Owner at Good Times Surf Shop, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I don't remember you but I am glad you had a good time and I look forward to seeing you next year!