“Great Times”

Good Times Surf Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you looking for a fun, authentic surf experience in San Juan del Sur? You will find here a small but complete and authentic surf shop with everything you need for surf in Nicaragua, including accurate and helpful advice and information! We have a great selection of surfboards for rent of all shapes and sizes, from a 5'7" shortboard to a 11'6" paddle board and literally everything in between. Surf lessons, surf tours, all types of accessories, rashguards, and great quality original clothing too from REEF, Quiksilver, O'Neill, and other brands at reasonable prices. Most of all, though, you will have memorable experiences.We currently do not pad our listing with fake reviews, so please stop in, or send me an email or even give us an old-fashioned phone call to to find out what it's all about.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I were staying in SJdS and the resort we stayed at uses Good Times for their rentals and transport to some of the breaks. We were fortunate enough to have Dave, the owner, as our driver and he was a fantastic guide to the area. My wife took a lesson from Dave on our second day with them and she had some big smiles and showed real improvement. The board rental selection is the best in town and the gear is in good shape. Bottom line, I will use Good Times again.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"transportation"
"crew"

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I surfed my face off at Playa Yanquis thanks to Good Times! Good prices, good staff, good at being on time (rare in Nica) = a perfect day in the water. I wish I would've bought a used board from the big selection at their shop instead of paying the airline to ship (and break) mine. The owner also went the extra mile after I was gone to help get me connected with a local who I needed to reach. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've used Good Times Surf Shop for board rentals on numerous occasions as well as for transportation to the local surf breaks. The owner doesn't mind taking time to explain the comparative advantageous of different boards, and he's a wealth of information about which beaches to go to in which surf and wind conditions. I've surfed with him and several members of his staff. The owner lent me some money once for lunch. Good bunch of guys. Highly recommend using their services for your surfing needs while you're in San Juan del Sur.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Having never surfed before, but being in one of the best surfing spots in the world, I knew I had to give it a try. After some research, I decided to contact David from the Good Times Surf Shop and he didn't disappoint any step of the way. He was quick to respond to emails and put together a great afternoon trip for myself and two other beginners on very short notice.

We met David at the shop and he gave drove us to Romanzo Beach (about a 15 minute ride from town). He chose this beach because a certain location had predictably consistent waves that wouldn't be too much for first timers. Meanwhile just up the beach were locals who looked almost professional on huge waves!

After a short lesson on shore, David had us in the water and was guiding us on the timing to catch waves and within 20 minutes, I was already riding. Within an hour, David had gotten his own board and we were all surfing independently!

After a couple of hours, we were relaxing on the beach at what seemed like a pop-up bodega having ice cold Tona beers and watching the locals rip it up.

All in, a fantastic experience. Thanks again David.