“Good Boards, Grumpy Guy”

Good Times Surf Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you looking for a fun, authentic surf experience in San Juan del Sur? You will find here a small but complete and authentic surf shop with everything you need for surf in Nicaragua, including accurate and helpful advice and information! We have a great selection of surfboards for rent of all shapes and sizes, from a 5'7" shortboard to a 11'6" paddle board and literally everything in between. Surf lessons, surf tours, all types of accessories, rashguards, and great quality original clothing too from REEF, Quiksilver, O'Neill, and other brands at reasonable prices. Most of all, though, you will have memorable experiences.We currently do not pad our listing with fake reviews, so please stop in, or send me an email or even give us an old-fashioned phone call to to find out what it's all about.
Portland, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good Boards, Grumpy Guy”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This place probably has the best selection of boards in San Juan. From long boards to fish etc. there are lots of high quality options. The gringo staff is a bit grumpy and too cool, but the boards make up for that.

Visited June 2012
, Owner at Good Times Surf Shop, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
That sounds about right. Thank you for your feedback!

Leon, Nicaragua
“I had a good time”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Good day out, beginner lesson and board rental. Only bad point was I got a bit sunburnt, but they can't help that I'm ginger.
Pretty laid back and flexible set-up. No problems at all.

Visited June 2012
Park City, Utah
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Broken Equipment”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We were bummed they rented us three board two of the three had something wrong.

Visited May 2012
David G, Owner at Good Times Surf Shop, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
I'm beginning to see the problem with Trip Advisor reviews. We receive probably more than 100 customers in a week and the only ones who write reviews are those who have a bad experience. Please, if you are one of the 99 who find what you need in our shop, get good information about surfing in Nicaragua, rent the best equipment available in San Juan, have fun on your trip to the beach, etc., write us a review!
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very poor service to say the least!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This store looks like it's got a good selection of surfboards, rashgards, etc... but I went in there 3x & everytime I got either no service or some guy sitting behind the counter was border line rude and totally not helpful, I literally felt bad about being there & asking him questions about his wetsuits! So I decided to go buy it somewhere else, even if it meant I was gonna pay more!

Visited May 2012
Camrose, Canada
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Awesome place! Great Service!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

I looked up good times surf shop on trip advisor. My daughter and I took private lessons for a few hours. The instruction was excellent and we had a great time. A special thanks to Dave and the boys for an excellent time. Will highly recommend to friends and family!