“Awesome place! Great Service!”

Good Times Surf Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you looking for a fun, authentic surf experience in San Juan del Sur? You will find here a small but complete and authentic surf shop with everything you need for surf in Nicaragua, including accurate and helpful advice and information! We have a great selection of surfboards for rent of all shapes and sizes, from a 5'7" shortboard to a 11'6" paddle board and literally everything in between. Surf lessons, surf tours, all types of accessories, rashguards, and great quality original clothing too from REEF, Quiksilver, O'Neill, and other brands at reasonable prices. Most of all, though, you will have memorable experiences.We currently do not pad our listing with fake reviews, so please stop in, or send me an email or even give us an old-fashioned phone call to to find out what it's all about.
Camrose, Canada
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Awesome place! Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

I looked up good times surf shop on trip advisor. My daughter and I took private lessons for a few hours. The instruction was excellent and we had a great time. A special thanks to Dave and the boys for an excellent time. Will highly recommend to friends and family!

Fairfield Iowa
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Dave's a straight shooter. I'm an avid surfer and have spent over a year in Central America. Dave has always given me solid advice and he maintains fair relationships with all his customers. His surf instructors and surf guides are top notch and always put you on the best waves of the day!!! I had such a great time hanging out with good times guys!

Shane
Santa Cruz, CA

Visited May 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

12 dollars a person for a boat to hit the beaches for surfing isnt bad. Consider yourself mostly on your own though once you get out there. A little more guidance would have been nice instead of just being dropped off into the waves.

Visited April 2012
David G, Manager at Good Times Surf Shop, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
I always try to manage the expectations of my customers by giving realistic information about our tours, destinations, and conditions. In this case, I made it very clear from the beginning that I did not recommend going out because conditions were not very good and that I did not have the personnel on hand to send a guide out with the captain.
Bocas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Service with a smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

These guys cost a bot more, but: you get what you pay for. Laid back but professional at the same time. Good shop.

Visited March 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Quirky Cool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

This hole-in-the-wall shop is worth searching out. Dave, a transplanted Hoosier, is a great source of info - in English - for the best wave in the area. Equipment for rent is good, but he only has 1 SUP board. Transportation provided to the better surfing beaches and costs are at market.

Visited January 2012