“Great Instruction”
Review of Zen Yoga

Zen Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Zen Yoga Studio is a stunning two story yoga studio and institute featuring daily yoga classes, hosted Luxury Yoga Retreats, 200Hr Teacher Trainings, and Raw Food Cafe.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I've passed through SJDS twice and both times made a point to make Zen Yoga part of my morning routine.

I took 4 classes and had 4 different instructors, all were attentive and grounded and helped me with my practice. I've always taken the AM class but their schedule offers classes throughout the day. They have free mats, blocks and straps and offer massage.

The street noise of a Central American town in the background can be distracting but is part of the charm/reality of their convenient location and beautiful open air studio.

vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are glad that you came back again to Zen yoga! If you come back a third time we will try to make your visit a 5 star rating! Many blessings along your way.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Vanessa for everything. You have an incredible business and are so good with everyone. Our last week in SJDS was made by Zen Yoga!

vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you! Loved to meet you and lead you in a class. It really is a blessing for me to do what I do and share it with other's. All the teachers at Zen are dedicated to sharing yoga and making your experience in SJDS even more amazing. Until we meet again!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I thought I'd do yoga once or twice while I was in SJDS for a week. I ended up going every day I was there. It was so cool to do yoga in an open studio with the wind blowing through. Every now and then, a cat would come in and join the class too.
The teachers were some of the best I've had anywhere. They were very clear and patient. I was certainly challenged at every class.
There's a small bathroom downstairs if you need it.
There's fresh made fruit juice for sale right after class.
You have to climb a spiral staircase to get to the studio. If you have mobility issues, it might be a problem.
The studio is beautiful though. Hard wood floors and a great view. They have mats there for you to use. Even though there's a cool breeze usually, the morning vinyasa flow classes were very challenging. You work up a sweat so bring a towel or two if you think you'll need them.
The staff were friendly and helpful. I hung out for a few minutes after classes. They had some great suggestions for things to do in and around SJDS as well as around Nicaragua.
Thanks Zen Yoga! I'll be back!

vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thanks for your message! We were very happy to have you practice with us and we hope you return soon! Keep up your practice and be well! Namaste

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Beautiful garden to walk through as you enter the studio! Loved the open air deck - feeling the sea breezes and listening to nature as we practiced. On Sunday morning we could hear the church congregation singing as we practiced - magical! Vanessa, studio owner, is warm & welcoming. Zen is a must while in SJdS!

vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thanks so much for making this review. We love yoga and it is easy with students who want to receive what we have to share! Until we meet again...

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I were surfing in San Juan del Sur for a week and went to Zen for chill flow with Jamie our last day before we hit the beach. What a truly great studio and fantastic vibe. I wish we would have gone every day we were there. Thank you!

vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Hey guys! Thanks so much for taking the time to make this review. We appreciate the love. Here's to your return and more yoga with us! Namaste~