“I would go back in a heartbeat!!”
Review of Naked Tiger Hostel

Naked Tiger Hostel
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
“I would go back in a heartbeat!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Naked Tiger is definitely the place to stay in San Juan del Sur. It has everything you need including bar, restaurant, lounge area and pool- all very clean and well maintained. The staff was welcoming and made the stay so much more fun. Be prepared to party:) Mark my words Naked Tiger, I will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Amazing staff, great food, phenomenal parties, had the time of my life hands down. If you want to enjoy your vacation, make lifetime friends, and have the time of your life this is the place for you. Enough said

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Pickering, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed at the Naked Tiger a year ago for about 10 days, and after backpacking South East Asia in lots of hostels the past 3 months I still cant get the Naked Tiger out of my head, no hostel compares! I had the craziest time! The place is designed to meet people and have fun! great pool AMAZING sunsets and sunrises(before going to bed) The location is beautiful! The staff are crazy and fun! the rooms were nice and clean the food was great! Everyone who stays here loves it, while traveling Asia whenever I would wear a naked tiger shirt people would approach me(I guess I hang out in too many party areas) and tell me how they loved it and shared crazy stories!

I cant wait to go back someday soon LOVE NICARAGUA LOVE THE NAKED TIGER!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Naked Tiger is one of the coolest spots I've been to in Central America. The location and hostel are beautiful, the staff make each day more and more enjoyable and are very helpful.

There is no kitchen to cook your own food, but they have a VERY good kitchen that sells reasonably priced meals all day. It is located in the hills just outside of the downtown core, but they offer a free shuttle service that goes into the early hours of the morning to and from the town.

If you like fun, this place will deliver. If you want to just relax or take it easy you can do that too but you're probably better off elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Before I get into this, I just want to say I’ve stayed at NT for two weeks total, and they are arguably the best two weeks of my life. So imagine my surprise when I get on Trip Advisor and see a bunch of people talking gorilla "poopy" about this place. I completely disagree. If you are willing to be open and immerse yourself in every experience, your stay at NT will be magical I’m gonna go step by step through this and tell you why I love this.

STAFF

The most common complaint I’ve seen on TA is that the staff is unsatisfactory. I can only speak for myself; however, that’s not true. In no way is that statement true. NT staff is a group of the most fair, down to earth, friendly and personable people I’ve ever met. I usually don’t fall in love with the people selling me things, but this is an exception. Going into the NT experience, you have to know that they are a family. It’s true. They get drunk, but what would you do if you worked at the dopest party hostel in a party capital. That being said, I haven’t encountered a situation where I’d deem them too messed up, inconsiderate, distracted or any of that. They manage to keep themselves together pretty soundly. In sum, I love the staff and picked up about 7-10 of the coolest friends I’ve ever had.

ACCOMMODATIONS

The place is sick (I could stop right here but everything needs explanation).
If you don’t like an incredible view, free shuttles town, cheap bar, N64 tournaments/movie nights, and GREAT food then I don’t know what is wrong with you. But, if you don’t like these things, then you should stay somewhere else.

This is one of the cleanest hostels I’ve stayed at, which is phenomenal given that is a party hostel. I’ll be honest, the place is a mess every morning (party hostel), but the cleaning ladies are here at 10am every morning. By 11am, the place is spotless.

CONCLUSION

Everything here is amazing. Always good music, good party, good vibes, good food. If you’re not into parties and chilling with cool people, you probably shouldn’t stay here; however, I don’t think anyone can enter the gate and think NT is anything other than a party hostel. Not a lot reading gets done, even less sleeping gets done, but best friendships are created right here. If you don’t want to be a part of that, you don’t have to, but these two weeks have been some of the best of my life…

KNG SPLFF
24 years old
Solo Travel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Lovely location! Staff are not very friendly what so ever.. You say hi and they ignore you.. Food is good, rooms are ok but if you decide not to party one night prepare to have ear plugs.. The one staff member who was so nice and always remembered my name was bella! Look out for her.. It also had good wifi and a really nice pool

• Stayed February 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Main problem. The staff are the utter definition of douches, all over the girls, always drunk or high on something.. It's a party hostel and people are going to drink and do drugs, but the staff shouldn't... Especially if they are already rude before the oncoming inebriation! Walked in to checkin and the guy working was very rude and confrontational and obviously coked out of his mind.

No culture and it's dirty.. If you are a college freshman or have the maturity of one, you'll enjoy yourself for a night or two...maybe! Stay at Casa de Olas and do yourself a favor.

Go party and eat there (the food is great), just don't stay there.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo