“Was everyone coked out?”
Review of Naked Tiger Hostel

Naked Tiger Hostel
Montreal, Canada
“Was everyone coked out?”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

so I stayed here with two friends however left the next day due to the rudest staff. We checked in and were told by the owner to "wait a while, weve had a rough night...and today is a monday so deal". I was appalled at the state of the place itself. I know its a party place but the rooms and common areas were pretty nasty...especially the pool. Dont even wanna know what was floating around in there. The staff acted like a snobby club who only let the cool kids in when they felt like socializing. Oh and you can tell what the guy staff members wanted from the get go. I felt like a peice of meat. Anyways we enjoyed the rest of our time at casa de olas, a chill australian run place next door. Tip to the staff of naked tiger: lay off the coke, sniff sniff.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank saralolita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
San Jose, California
Reviewed October 14, 2013

When needing to make a visa run from Costa Rica to Nicaragua, many people cross the border into Nicaragua and go to the city of San Juan Del Sur. While this is one of the many hostels in the town, it is a bit far from town. There is a shuttle every 2 hours that go to town. I enjoyed the Naked Tiger hostel because it has a pool and has an amazing view from the mountain top, and at the same time is not bothered with busy town noise. The beds were not bad, the only thing is there were cats all over my bed and I am allergic.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank mikeykoltz
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The Naked Tiger is my favorite place on earth. I met the most incredible people and had the most fun of my life! It's absolutely beautiful and when you're lounging by the pool and taking in a legendary sunset, you don't feel like a broke backpacker at all. The food is affordable and delicious as well!! Sunday Funday is not to be missed. It will likely be the highlight of your trip.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Sarakass
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This place is stuff of legends! I stayed here just this year with 4 friends intending to only stay two weeks on our travels down to Central and South America. We ended up stayin almost two months! Megan and Ryan are legends! Everyone on staff was an absolute riot. The best people ever. So much fun. I am now a Tigrer for life and have made new members of my extended that I will cherish forever. Between great surf being so close. Ill never forget Sundays and how absolutely epic they were. Awesome food right there whenevr you want it. As far as I'm concerned thers only one Hostel in San Juan I will stay at ever!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Kgod1981
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed October 2, 2013

i want to tell you guys that the naked tiger is the best hostel in san juan and one of the best ever...i have been here for 2 weeks and it was just amazing, great people, beautiful place and view, best food, not expensive at all...the vibe is great and serve is perfect...megan the owner is the best!!!

2 Thank Vince A
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I cannot begin to describe how amazing this hostel is. It is a mansion placed on the top of a hill with the best view and sunset i have seen on my entire trip. The staff are amazing and so much fun. This is a party hostel for sure, the fun doesn't stop, while i was staying at tiger the staff did everything to make sure we had a great time, including setting up a slip n slide into the pool, to holding a fun gangsta theme party, and the night we wanted to chill out , put movies on the projector so we could relax. i did plan on only staying a couple of days and ended up staying 2 weeks.
I also checked next door at Casa De Olas although it was $13 a night and Naked Tiger was only $5 Monday to Friday, and i found tiger to have a The food is amazing and pretty cheap. They run shuttles every 2 hours, and also a daily shuttle to the beach, unless not enough people want to go.
much nicer vibe as well as a restaurant and a nicer view, $8 a night is a huge difference.
I would highly recommend staying in this hostel to anyone. I will definitely be back!

2 Thank Lisa M
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place has so much potential to be a great party hostel but it's destroyed by the staff. I chatted with the owner for a bit and he seems like a nice guy but he's also the only person working that puts any effort into anything.

The night we stayed there we were looking for a party and it was Sunday so we did the Sunday Funday pool party so everybody started at 1p.m. Around 1 a.m. or so my friends and I were the last ones still partying besides the staff so we decided to go to bed since the place was dead. I asked one of the staff members to turn down the music since all paying guests in the hostel were in bed and he looked at me like I was crazy. I'm not talking about loud music. I'm talking BLARING concert volume music which they did not turn off until 8 a.m. That day we asked the staff members laying around on the couches for a shuttle to one of the beaches because they have a sheet on the wall with shuttle prices to various beaches. The shuttle driver didn't get up, he just looked at his friends, laughed and said. "I don't think we are going to run the shuttles today."

We checked out the next day and stayed Casa de Olas next door which I highly recommend. I still came back to Naked Tiger to eat because they have good food at good prices and a great view. Olas was completely full and Tiger did not have one guest staying there if that tells you anything.

1 Thank TXtourst