“Perfect food, sports, drinks and beach view in San Juan Del Sur!”
Review of Dorado's Bar Grill - CLOSED

Dorado's Bar Grill
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My first time is SJDS and I found this gem while searching for a place to watch both college and NFL football. They had both AND the Mayweather fight! Additonally, the food is amazing, the staff is friendly (Bob the owner is THE nicest guy), the prices are perfect and the view is amazing. If you're sports, budget and friendly minded, then make sure to find El Dorados. Drink some cold Tonas and order the tacos especial! Not on the menu, but the best!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great view, atmosphere and staff. Good food and drink. Owner is on hand and attentive. Only draw back was a loudmouth expat. customer who thought using the F word three times per sentence was cool.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our first stop for dinner was Dorados and we were not disappointed. Fresh caught fish and a nice beachside location. One patron had caught some fish earlier in the day and the chef had prepared it for him. It was more than he could eat so he gave the rest to our group. Wow was it good. The chef is superb!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This place has amazing workers and a great owner. They practically give away rum for free, and if you don't finish your bottle, they will keep it for you until you come back (at least in low season).

I also enjoy the fact that they project sports games on the wall: hockey, american football... whatever is most important at the time.

This place quickly became my go to in San Juan and I highly suggest you check it out!

1  Thank martik626
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I came to this place after having dinner next door at the pizza place with some friends. The local band Los Pobrecitos was playing and the crowd was great so we took a seat and stayed for the whole show, however... I ordered a Mojito and they brought one, but instead of mint leaves, it had cilantro in it! I gave it back and then decided to play it safe by ordering Smirnoff Ice. I don't understand how they wouldn't tell the difference between them!

Dorados, Owner at Dorado's Bar Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our restaurant. Unfortunatly I don't believe you visited Dorado's restaurant. The pobrecitos have not played here in over three months. I appreciate all reviews, when they are real they are always better. I invite you to visit us for real and I'll give you a free mojito