I rocked up on a Friday afternoon just intime to catch a stunning sunset over the casa de olas infinity pool and fell in love instantly. It's a great location up on the hill with lovely views, and next door to naked tiger if you want a wider choice of food to keep you going til the CDO family dinner. Free breakfast and cheap drinks too. It's a total party hostel at the weekend, but most of San Juan is.. That's why most travellers go. The shuttles to town aren't too bad to work around, and if all else fails a cab doesn't cost much. Fred and Karla were awesome hosts too, getting drunk with us at the bar and there for a great chat if you need it too, best owners ever! Recommend to anyone- Make sure to get there early if you want to stay over the weekend, and opt for the smaller dorms if you can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Olas, is a unique place to stay, blending the best of Bed & Breakfast, hotel and hostel together to create the Casa de Olas experience. We are situated on a hilltop over-looking the town and bay of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Our location provides endless views over the Pacific ocean with spectacular sunsets nightly. Casa De Olas is designed for the more discerning backpacker and budget travelers who are looking to find an oasis of luxury at affordable prices. In total we have 10 rooms and can accommodate a maximum of 75 guests at any one time. We have dorm rooms that can accommodate from 4-6 people with one room housing 14. Casa de Olas is designed for those traveling on a budget or in groups. All rooms are spacious with en-suites. We think staying a little out of town is the best way to experience all that San Juan del Sur and the surrounding area has to offer. Australian couple Fred and Carla are your hosts bringing a wealth of knowledge from their native land with a long resume in the hotel and restaurant industry. Fred and Carla are warm and always ready to give a recommendation. Take a look at our website, TripAdvisor and Facebook pages to find out more and we look forward to having you stay with us soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Casa De Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Olas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa De Olas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur