Best view I have seen at any hostel. If your looking for somewhere to waste away your days and get drunk - this is the place for you. We ended up staying here 3 nights over the weekend, with a great 'all-you-can-drink boat cruise' on the Saturday and an all-you-can-drink bar on the Sunday (as 'Sunday Funday' was cancelled) which both involved a lot of alcohol. The staff were friendly and always up for a drink. The breakfasts were great, different daily.
When we checked out and saw our bill we noticed that some items were added on that we didn't buy. 2 dinners ($7 each) were eventually taken off the bill but we had to pay for 4 drinks ($2 each) we didn't buy (as the guy serving that night said he remembered me ordering the drinks - even though there were about 30 people at the bar and he had a few to drink as well). so make sure you check your bill before you pay and keep an eye on what you are ordering as they seem to not take much care in the tab system they have.
The drinking water is charged at $1 a day even if you don't drink any and the beer is cheaper next door at Naked tiger and dorms are over half price cheaper at naked tiger.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Olas, is a unique place to stay, blending the best of Bed & Breakfast, hotel and hostel together to create the Casa de Olas experience. We are situated on a hilltop over-looking the town and bay of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Our location provides endless views over the Pacific ocean with spectacular sunsets nightly. Casa De Olas is designed for the more discerning backpacker and budget travelers who are looking to find an oasis of luxury at affordable prices. In total we have 10 rooms and can accommodate a maximum of 75 guests at any one time. We have dorm rooms that can accommodate from 4-6 people with one room housing 14. Casa de Olas is designed for those traveling on a budget or in groups. All rooms are spacious with en-suites. We think staying a little out of town is the best way to experience all that San Juan del Sur and the surrounding area has to offer. Australian couple Fred and Carla are your hosts bringing a wealth of knowledge from their native land with a long resume in the hotel and restaurant industry. Fred and Carla are warm and always ready to give a recommendation. Take a look at our website, TripAdvisor and Facebook pages to find out more and we look forward to having you stay with us soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Casa De Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Olas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa De Olas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur