I've been to Casa de Olas twice now in the last year & 1/2, and am planning another trip down this summer! The staff is absolutely amazing, the food is fantastic, and the views are STUNNING! This place caters to all types - If you're there to surf and want a dorm room, they have it, but if you're traveling as a couple or just want a nice, private room, they have it as well! The drinks are super cheap, and happy hour is always a blast. It quiets down by 11 PM which is perfect for anyone wanting a quiet night, but it's an easy trip into town if you want to head in to party, and the hostel next door always has a party going all night as well!
Do yourself a favor and make sure you stay here when you travel to San Juan del Sur. You won't get views like this anywhere in town, and they offer a FREE shuttle to and from town (a 5 min ride) for their guests. They are very knowledgeable about surf spots and beaches, and the option to book lessons there is a nice perk. In general, though, the staff is what makes this place amazing. Super friendly, fun, and will help you out with anything you need!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Olas, is a unique place to stay, blending the best of Bed & Breakfast, hotel and hostel together to create the Casa de Olas experience. We are situated on a hilltop over-looking the town and bay of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Our location provides endless views over the Pacific ocean with spectacular sunsets nightly. Casa De Olas is designed for the more discerning backpacker and budget travelers who are looking to find an oasis of luxury at affordable prices. In total we have 10 rooms and can accommodate a maximum of 75 guests at any one time. We have dorm rooms that can accommodate from 4-6 people with one room housing 14. Casa de Olas is designed for those traveling on a budget or in groups. All rooms are spacious with en-suites. We think staying a little out of town is the best way to experience all that San Juan del Sur and the surrounding area has to offer. Australian couple Fred and Carla are your hosts bringing a wealth of knowledge from their native land with a long resume in the hotel and restaurant industry. Fred and Carla are warm and always ready to give a recommendation. Take a look at our website, TripAdvisor and Facebook pages to find out more and we look forward to having you stay with us soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Casa De Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Olas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa De Olas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur