Casa De Olas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel & Resort Palermo(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort(San Juan del Sur)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Dolce Vita(San Juan del Sur)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Gran Oceano(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Hotel Alcazar(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Barrio Cafe Hotel(San Juan del Sur)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Encanto del Sur(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Hotel Casablanca(San Juan del Sur)
  • Breakfast included
Rositas Hotel(San Juan del Sur)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsinfinity poolnaked tigersan juanin townhome away from homefree shuttlefamily stylefamily dinnerfree breakfastparty vibedorm roomfavourite hostelevery eveningbeautiful hostelan amazing viewhave a good timepool crawl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a great Hostel. The pool is great, the rooms are clean and the owners are wonderful people. The staff were also helpful, friendly and welcoming. I even saw one of them Google how to treat stepping on a Sea Urchin, and help one of the guests get what he needed to relive the pain! The hostel is a little outside of town, but the free shuttles that run all day, and late into the evening make, up for that. The tradeoff is beautiful views of San Juan Del Sur, and a good, quiet nights sleep. There is a great atmosphere created around the bar area, drinks are reasonably priced and there's no partying until the early hours of the morning. The main surf beach is not too far away and is just as close if you picked a hostel downtown San Juan as the popular surf beaches are north and south of San Juan Del Sur and not in the Town of San Juan Del Sur.

Room Tip: If you are traveling in a group ask the staff to see if you can book out a whole dorm. If you give them enough advanced warning they may be happy to shuffle things around for you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Carla and Fred are fantastic hosts. The staff equally so. Looking over San Juan Del Sur from the bar and pool at night is real relaxing, which is what we needed after our surf lessons with Mike their resident Surf Instructor. Be sure to put it on your list if you find yourself in SJDS, it's definitely a completely different experience than being in town.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Casa de Olas is hands down the best place we have stayed so far in our 4 months of travelling. I honestly cannot think one bad thing to say about this kickass place. Its not really a hostel, its more like a resort where you are guaranteed to become a part of their amazing family. The hospitality is beyond this world and the atmosphere we have not been able to find anywhere else. This place is IDEAL for some serious chilling and relaxing, making great friends and enjoying life. And Buzz the Monkey is the icing on the cake! :) And the food is delicious, you have a family-style dinner every night. if you are looking for a place to stay in San Juan, you would be silly to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Came here with my gf last fall and had a fabulous time! The view is amazing, great bar, and the staff was so nice. Great place to relax after a great day of surfing! Its a bit out of town which is a positive not a negative and the shuttle takes you in if you want to go! We had a private room and it was great to have our own space but to still be a part of the hostel crowd! Nothing makes a vacay like falling asleep in a beach chair with a monkey asleep in your lap!! Amazing!

Room Tip: Definitely get a private room as a couple!! Great value!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ards39
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Work has been insane lately so I decided to take an impromptu trip to Nicaragua for a relaxing long weekend. I had never been, but word on the street was that it is a more private South American surfer destination as opposed to the been there...done that touristy Costa Rica. I researched locations in San Juan del Sur and came across Casa de Olas (primarily drawn to the well designed website and promises of meeting a monkey!) I could not be more happy with my stay. Overall just an AMAZING time and exactly what I needed. The staff welcomed me and made sure I was well taken care of...truly made me feel like family which was comforting especially in a part of the world I have never been. They helped plan my daily itinerary and let me know the most ideal and secluded surfing destinations. The rooms are impressively comfortable and quiet, and the views...OMG! Sunset at Casa de Olas is the ultimate experience - especially when sipping a local beer while looking out from the infinity pool. I had such an amazing time that I actually just booked a return visit in July. For those interested in staying in the area, Casa de Olas is the only place I'd recommend staying!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo