I came here with the intention of staying for only three nights and three WEEKS later, I'm still here! Can not get enough of this place. Chilled vibes, great atmosphere, excellent staff and the best sunsets in the world! My best advice would be to wake up and enjoy the free breakfast, take the shuttle to the beach, return to Casa de Olas for the sunset (and happy hour 5-7pm [$1 beers!]) and finish the night with a delicious $7 dinner, served family style and cooked fresh daily by the excellent kitchen staff!
Make sure you contact the hostel at least 24 hours prior to arrival to check for availability. In the space of time that I have been here, I have seen many 'walk in' enquiries be declined due to hostel's constant occupation.
With no intentions of leaving anytime soon, I strongly advise all SJDS visitors to stay at Casa de Olas, it is bound to be the best stay of your travels.
P.S. The hostel contains a resident spider monkey by the name of Buzz. Once you have become friends, you will enjoy daily hugs and constant attention for the duration of your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Olas, is a unique place to stay, blending the best of Bed & Breakfast, hotel and hostel together to create the Casa de Olas experience. We are situated on a hilltop over-looking the town and bay of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Our location provides endless views over the Pacific ocean with spectacular sunsets nightly. Casa De Olas is designed for the more discerning backpacker and budget travelers who are looking to find an oasis of luxury at affordable prices. In total we have 10 rooms and can accommodate a maximum of 75 guests at any one time. We have dorm rooms that can accommodate from 4-6 people with one room housing 14. Casa de Olas is designed for those traveling on a budget or in groups. All rooms are spacious with en-suites. We think staying a little out of town is the best way to experience all that San Juan del Sur and the surrounding area has to offer. Australian couple Fred and Carla are your hosts bringing a wealth of knowledge from their native land with a long resume in the hotel and restaurant industry. Fred and Carla are warm and always ready to give a recommendation. Take a look at our website, TripAdvisor and Facebook pages to find out more and we look forward to having you stay with us soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Casa De Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Olas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa De Olas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur