i came here intendending on staying for a few days and ended up staying 10 days. and might i add it was probably the best 10 days ive had in all my travels. the owners are friendly and make you feel like you're part of a big hostel family. i enjoyed the family style dinners they had every night, dinner was always delicious!!!! also the breakfast was fantastic. this hostel is conveinent, safe, and just an overall great place to stay. the veiw from up here is unbeatable and you can sit and watch the breathtaking sunsets every night from the infinity pool. also you can hangout with their adorable pet monkey buzz, yes, a pet monkey!!! you feel welcome by all as soon as you walk in to this place. i celebrated my 20th birthday while i was here and they went above and beyond for me. decorations, a cake and everything. its very fairly priced here and everything from taxis, massages and adventure tours are at your finger tips. needless to say i intend on coming back here one day and i cant wait! ill miss my hostel parents alot, and hope that business continues to be this great! thankk you soo much!!! xox
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Olas, is a unique place to stay, blending the best of Bed & Breakfast, hotel and hostel together to create the Casa de Olas experience. We are situated on a hilltop over-looking the town and bay of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Our location provides endless views over the Pacific ocean with spectacular sunsets nightly. Casa De Olas is designed for the more discerning backpacker and budget travelers who are looking to find an oasis of luxury at affordable prices. In total we have 10 rooms and can accommodate a maximum of 75 guests at any one time. We have dorm rooms that can accommodate from 4-6 people with one room housing 14. Casa de Olas is designed for those traveling on a budget or in groups. All rooms are spacious with en-suites. We think staying a little out of town is the best way to experience all that San Juan del Sur and the surrounding area has to offer. Australian couple Fred and Carla are your hosts bringing a wealth of knowledge from their native land with a long resume in the hotel and restaurant industry. Fred and Carla are warm and always ready to give a recommendation. Take a look at our website, TripAdvisor and Facebook pages to find out more and we look forward to having you stay with us soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Casa De Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Olas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa De Olas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur