“Paradise on earth”
Review of Casa De Olas

and 1 more site!
Casa De Olas
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very Nice location and Nice rooms. We stayed in the dorms for 2 nights. The bed was good and big. We also stayed in a private room and they were very nice with a very big bed. Downside is that there is no door between the bedroom and bathroom. But we did not mind. The water is cold, but that's nearly everywhere in Nicaragua and we did not mind either. Very nice couple who runs the place and a nice open bar and Beamer where we watched movies and sports. Buzz the monkey is very cute and the breAkfast was delicious!! Loved the banana pancakes. The family diner served at Night was also good and worth the money.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Mariekevl14
There are newer reviews for Casa De Olas

Reviewed November 7, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! It ruined my outlook on your average hostel. I left a few days ago and i couldnt give a nanny-goats shyt about the rest of the hostels around here. Freddo n Carla r pure champs, super friendly (and cute) bar gals, n Buzz will have u running after ur beer/cigis/toothbrush b4 u can say Spider-Monkey. Miss the family dinners n the family!!
Watch out for the shark attacks

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Rob D
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Best place to stay in San Juan!
Carla & Fred (like mum and dad) are the best hosts ever. Feels like being home- especially the family dinner every night.
After San Juan we travelled to Ometepe... But we've missed Casa de Olas and the people there so much that we went back there and checked in for the second time.

Casa de Olas was the best place we stayed in while our trip.

We miss it every single day.

Alissa & Dani

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Iggy1410
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Casa De Olas... absolutely amazing! I walked in planning to stay 3 nights and ended up staying over three wks! It happens to so many ppl who visit there. From the moment you are arrived you know you have walked into something special. Fred and Carla have made the place feel so homely and welcoming. From amazing home cooked family dinners each night (we attended everyone they are that good!), delicious breakfasts, 18mtr infinity pool, new spa, THE VIEW, affordable accommodation, beer garden, cheap drinks, movie nights.. the list just goes on and on. Don't believe me? Come see for yourself... just be prepared to stay a lot longer than you expected!! Thanks Carla Fred, it was definitely a stay to remember!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank lizzie1809
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This place was pretty awesome! It has everything a traveller needs (including a pool) at a very good price. Family dinners are some of the best I've eaten, and the staff are super friendly. It's a little out of town, but they are pretty flexible with the shuttle, so getting back is no problem. The view in the afternoon is second to none. A little more spanish skills from the staff, and it would be perfect.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tokentravelguy
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. I was traveling solo so I did not want to book a fancy hotel where I would not meet many people. I also did not want a hostel that was just a non-stop party. After reading reviews in TA, I decided on Casa de Olas - and I am sure glad I did!

Everyone was so friendly at Casa de Olas and it is very easy to meet people. The daily supper is served family style - everyone sits at the table and enjoys it together. I would definitely recommend partaking in this supper, if not just for the company, but also for the food itself. The meals were delicious. The first night I was there, we had a great lobster dinner. On the last night I was there it was Canadian Thanksgiving. I was the only Canadian staying there but Fred and Carla (the Aussie Owners) did the best as was possible in Nicaragua to recreate a Thanksgiving dinner.

The hotel was great. I booked a double room and it was nicer than any hotel rooms I have stayed in in Central America. The pool and views are amazing. And the bar is a great place to have a few. As for partying, the Naked Tiger is right next door. I could party there when I wanted and come back to Casa de Olas to rehab!

Definitely stay here – you’ll never regret it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Canadian_Hobo77
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We heard great reviews from other travellers we met and can say that we were not one bit disappointed. Our double room was beautiful and serviced daily. Our room opened onto a beautiful infinity pool with one of the most stunning views and breath-taking sunsets you will ever see. We chilled at the hostel and spent time surfing at the beach. They make some seriously delicious home-food and the owners are lovely and warm.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple