I stayed 3 days and nights in mid-September with Fred and Carla (and Buzz the monkey). Not only were they friendly and accomodating in every area, but Carla is very talented in the kitchen and the atmosphere is pleasant day or night. They offer guests a choice to participate in meals or do their own thing, and their organization and timing is very good. The rooms are large, comfortable and any need is attended too also in a timely manner. The pool is fantastic. It is one of the best pools/views in all of Playa San Juan Del Sur. I received a quality massage alongside the pool down by the veranda for a great price. I enjoyed conversations with both Fred and Carla, and also was able to have reliable internet for my work needs, which they showed great care in also. We enjoyed movie night, conversation and I enjoyed my stay. I found them to be genuine and caring hosts while also respecting client privacy...a good balance. I would recommend short or longer term stays highly. Cheers guys!!
Kenny - Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Olas, is a unique place to stay, blending the best of Bed & Breakfast, hotel and hostel together to create the Casa de Olas experience. We are situated on a hilltop over-looking the town and bay of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Our location provides endless views over the Pacific ocean with spectacular sunsets nightly. Casa De Olas is designed for the more discerning backpacker and budget travelers who are looking to find an oasis of luxury at affordable prices. In total we have 10 rooms and can accommodate a maximum of 75 guests at any one time. We have dorm rooms that can accommodate from 4-6 people with one room housing 14. Casa de Olas is designed for those traveling on a budget or in groups. All rooms are spacious with en-suites. We think staying a little out of town is the best way to experience all that San Juan del Sur and the surrounding area has to offer. Australian couple Fred and Carla are your hosts bringing a wealth of knowledge from their native land with a long resume in the hotel and restaurant industry. Fred and Carla are warm and always ready to give a recommendation. Take a look at our website, TripAdvisor and Facebook pages to find out more and we look forward to having you stay with us soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Casa De Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Olas Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa De Olas Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur