“We love Mama Sara!”
Review of Mama Sara House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Mama Sara House
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Mama Sara is the best hostel host you will ever meet. Always happy, smiling and willing to help with whatever you need, Mama Sara made our stay in SJDS excellent. The hostel has a communal living room, balcony and kitchen which feels really homely and got a lot of use during our stay - a great place to socialise with other guests. There are only four rooms at the hostel which again gives it a lovely homely feel. Bathrooms are always kept clean and there's an area at the back of the hostel where you can wash and hang your clothes if you wish to. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy. Stop your ceiling fan from oscillating to keep you cooler at night.

Mama Sara greeted us every day after we returned from surfing at the beach with a home cooked meal or snack and a cold drink, at no extra cost. Her family were also very friendly and helpful, we couldn't have asked for more.

Perfect location, can see the sea from the balcony and is right opposite Casa Oro where you can catch the shuttle to the beach. Shops and restaurants are less and a minute's walk away, bus station less than five.

At $18 for a private room this place is a steal, you'd be mad not to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a number of nights. Mama Sara was very helpful and could not do enough for us. We too got many tasty treats and snacks. Unfortunately if the other guests are noisy, the sound travels. Typical of a hostel I suppose. The rooms were clean, the accommodation feels very safe and secure, and mama Sara makes you feel right at home.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Mama Sara's House was a wonderful play to stay! The rooms and bathrooms were extremely clean and we felt very safe leaving our belongings there. Mama Sara becomes acts like a mother to all her guests, all cooking for us, giving us snacks, and helping with anything you may need! Definitely stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were recommended Mama Sara's by a couple of our friends who stayed with Mama a couple of years ago. Our friends talked very highly of her and the hospitality provided and I am so glad we were able to stay with her while in San Juan Del Sur so we could experience it for ourselves. Mama Sara truly was the sweetest lady in the world and she was always feeding us her amazing cooking! Her son Ramon was so kind and welcoming we really felt at home here. We originally only planned to stay a couple of nights but ended up staying a week as it was very hard to leave. The rooms and bathrooms was extremely clean and the beds were so comfortable. I would highly highly recommend staying with Mama Sara!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I travel a lot for work and usually don't give a review because would take me a lot of time to write so many, but Mama Sara, she really deserve a review. She was awesome from the moment I meet her it was like if we know each other from a long time ago. I arrived around 6:00 pm and she gave me dinner with some fresh juice, so I didn't spend any money on it. I stay in a room for three people and the price was $18.00 very reasonable considering the season and the space of the room. it was very basic, but very comfortable. I love it and I would recommend this place for those who want to stay in a clean and comfortable place. Mama Sara I'll see you soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stumbled upon mama saras house and it has been the highlight of our trip! The rooms are extreamly clean and very reasonable. There is a fully stocked kitchen so you can cook whenever you want! Although most of the time mama sara will bring you yummy nica snacks! Mama sara is very accomedating and extreamly warm and generous. We loved it!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Mama Sara charged me more per room than she originally said and she charged me for one night twice.

I think she used the language barrier to her advantage and she was 100% unwilling to discuss our discrepancy. Can't recommend her, even though I still like her.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo