La Veranera - Playa El Coco(Playa El Coco)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotel & Resort Palermo(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$116
$97
El Jardin Hotel and Restaurant(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$50
$120
$105
  • Pool
Casa Bahia Hotel(Playa Marsella)
$70
Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort(San Juan del Sur)
$25
  • Breakfast included
$365
$310
Hotel Alcazar(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$104
$88
HC Liri Hotel(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$40
$38
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $44/night.

Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa(San Juan del Sur)
$295
Cancelon
All reviewscool ideayoga spaceyoga retreatunique experiencegood vibestree houselearn to surfhome away from homedickiechilljunglemvcommunitynicaraguaboardhikejuan
Reviewed November 5, 2011

A wonderful hostel, regardless of whether you surf or not. The staff are great, laid back and helpful. The views are stunning, waking up to the pacific ocean for three nights has been a highlight in my three month trip through central America. It really is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. All meals are vegetarian or fish, but let this not put you off because the food is delicious and the small number of guests means there is a great atmosphere that will mean you never really want to leave. So plan accordingly!

Room Tip: Spend the extra 5 dollars to have the top floor dorm room. The view is more than worth it.
Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I was expecting a cheap place to stay, close to the beach, with yoga and surfing available. I walked away with much much more. The guys that own this place have created a really unique and special place. You will arrive meeting strangers and leave with new friends from all over the world. Everyone gathers in the morning to have coffee, read, check email, and enjoy their breakfast. From there people will head to surf, take a yoga class, get a massage from neighbor Dunia, head into town for some shopping/exploring, take a zipline tour, or just relax on the beach. Some days the guys will arrange trips via car or boat to other surf spots in the area. After enjoying the beautiful sunset everyone convenes for a pescatarian dinner that never disappoints. Fish curry was my favorite. If you're there on a Monday it's a bonus, people talk all week about pizza night! At night everyone hangs out and enjoys some wine, beer, or some Flor de Cana. People get up on the roof to watch the stars, or if you're lucky Dickie will pick up a guitar and entertain you. For those who like to party, a couple nights a week the crew will head into SJDS for some bar hopping. Writing about it makes me want to go back right now! The Dreamcatcher House was beyond my expectations.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris K
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is definitely a spot for solo travelers who are ok with no a/c and shared bathrooms. It is an amazing place, incredible people and beautiful view! It's perfect for meeting new friends and surfing Playa Maderas.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Puravidamia
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I went there for my first time in august with a friend, that's when I met Dickie, one of the guys living and working there, walking around San Juan Del Sur, he noticed our surf boards and offered us a place to stay with everything included in the price, he gave us a good vibe so we took his offer and went with him to Playa Madera, a well worth 30 minutes ride on a fun bus to get there, later I met Abes and the rest of the crew, everyone you meet there has a story that they are willing to share as well as themselves, making it a great social place to be for as long as you can, even now a year later, I’m in touch with all the guests and employees of the Dream catcher House, not only that but I’m living with a friend in London that I met a year ago at Dream Catchers.

Waves, parties, tons of contacts, great food, you name it¡ I just loved everything about it so much that I came back a few months later by myself for a whole month, I have 3 degrees related to tourism and I can easily say that the Dream Catcher’s crew are an inspiration to what every hospitality service provider should be.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Onetony
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I am writing this review WAY in retrospect, as I just finished a 4 month surf trip around the world through about 8 countries involving about 8 THOUSAND hostels, etc. The staff, location and actual accommodations at Dreamcatcher are by far the best experiences I've had throughout that entire epic journey. Everyone is curious, fun, kind, creative, active, etc, and consequently they attract the same type of travellers with whom you'll be spending most of your time. Book this if you can find availability.

Ryan