“Best Restaurant in San Juan Del Sur”
Review of Barrio Cafe

Barrio Cafe
Cuisines: International, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We ate at several restaurants while in SJDS and this place was by far the best. We came back multiple times covering every meal of the day and were very satisfied each time. They always had fresh squeezed juice and the cappuccino was excellent as was the food. I'm actually quite surprised by some of the negative reviews as it was not our experience any of the four or five times we ate there. The staff was extremely helpful and attentive and the food was a level above all the rest at a similar cost. I highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for Barrio Cafe

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I tried ceviche at about 5 different restaurants, and this was my favorite. Had the fish...perfect! And the white wine sangria really set this meal apart as one of my favorites in SJdS.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We have been to El Colibri 3 times. We were questioning if we should come back here because of a disappointing experience our second time. We came in between lunch and dinner and wanted to chill in the lounge/bar area on their wifi and have a snack. We ordered the large plate of fruit and a specialty espresso drink. The waiter kept insisting we order more than that saying "it would be really good if you ordered entrees." We weren't that hungry and felt embarrassed by his persistence. We decided to give it another try. When we came back later the same day for dinner we got the same waiter but this time ordered entrees. He was like "there you go!" Just felt awkward. We tried the chicken wrap which was ok and the salad with grilled chicken which was the exact same thing as the wrap just deconstructed. They do have great fresh juices for a reasonable price. Would I go back? Eh.

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The eggs Benedict was awful! The "turkey ham" is actually more like thin slice of processed lunch meat on an English muffin with an egg. The hollandaise sauce was tasteless. I had heard that it was not very good, and unfortunately, I have to agree. No refill on coffee, because it's impossible to get a waiter back to the table!

1  Thank Bigboop
Reviewed March 20, 2014

They had a great selection for all meals. Nice staff and the best Cafe Latte in town. Their desserts were very tasty as well as a good selection.