“Great for all riding levels”

Rancho Chilamate Adventures on Horseback
More attraction details
Owner description: Rancho Chilamate offers guided horseback rides for adventurous travelers looking to get up close and personal with Nicaragua. The ride leaves from the ranch through the local community, into open fields and over hilltops for spectacular views, crossing the river several times for excellent wildlife viewing (almost guaranteed to see monkeys) and then to the secluded beach for a refreshment break and more riding adrenalin.This solar-powered private ranch caters to smaller, more intimate groups to ensure only the best of service. Let's Ride!
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband & I have wanted to ride with Rancho Chilamate since we met Blue & Jamie over 3 years ago. My husband reserved the ride for our 20th anniversary. I haven't ridden in years, while my husband had only ridden once in his life. So we were green. We rode with a great couple (Michael & Joana) and had the time of our lives. The new ranch-hands (Spooner & Kate) are AWESOME! They took us on an amazing ride. It poured, the sun shone through the trees, we heard and saw howler monkeys, went through grass the height of the horses, and then on to the beach where Survivor was filmed. We were able to race through the water with our wonderful horses! It was an amazing experience that I recommend to everyone! Spooner & Kate were great with us "newbies" and made sure that we understood what we needed to do at all times. When we got to the beach, Blue was there with a toast for our anniversary! The ride was one of our best experiences in Nicaragua and we'd recommend that you reserve with Rancho Chilamate if you are in San Juan del Sur.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I come to San Juan del Sur every year. This year was the first year for the horseback ride with Rancho Chilamate. I had tried last year and the year before but the ride was full. This year I booked in advance and was able to experience this wonderful ride. Blue is amazing , Cesar and Carlos help her with the ride and keep everyone going, through the high grass, through the water, and walking down the road. A must do in San Juan del Sur. I will book every year!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Blue and the team at Rancho Chilamate are absolutely wonderful. They provide professional service, quality equipment and deliver an amazing adventure. This is the experience of a lifetime. If you have only 1 day in San Juan del Sur, I suggest booking a ride with Rancho Chilamate to get a flavor of the authentic Nicaragua.

1  Thank Brooke055
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I are travelling for a few months and this is one of the best things we have done. Jeremy and Blue are really nice and very professional. We had a great selection of cowboy clothes to choose from and the horses were amazing. It was our first time horse riding and we were galloping in the water on the beach. This trip exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Having traveled for years to many places in the world I admit that I have become somewhat complacent when it comes to participating in "adventures" in the places I stay. My friend Natalie who lives in San Juan Del Sur suggested I do the horseback ride with Blue and Jamie and that it would be an experience I would not long forget. So I signed up but did not have high expectations. However, from the moment Blue picked us up in town I could tell that this experience was going to be something different. All I can say is that as great as most of the reviews on this page are, they can not fully describe what a day with this truly unique couple is like. It was one of the greatest times I have had in a very long time.