“An Awesome Adventure!”

Rancho Chilamate Adventures on Horseback
More attraction details
Owner description: Rancho Chilamate offers guided horseback rides for adventurous travelers looking to get up close and personal with Nicaragua. The ride leaves from the ranch through the local community, into open fields and over hilltops for spectacular views, crossing the river several times for excellent wildlife viewing (almost guaranteed to see monkeys) and then to the secluded beach for a refreshment break and more riding adrenalin.This solar-powered private ranch caters to smaller, more intimate groups to ensure only the best of service. Let's Ride!
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I come to San Juan del Sur every year. This year was the first year for the horseback ride with Rancho Chilamate. I had tried last year and the year before but the ride was full. This year I booked in advance and was able to experience this wonderful ride. Blue is amazing , Cesar and Carlos help her with the ride and keep everyone going, through the high grass, through the water, and walking down the road. A must do in San Juan del Sur. I will book every year!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Blue and the team at Rancho Chilamate are absolutely wonderful. They provide professional service, quality equipment and deliver an amazing adventure. This is the experience of a lifetime. If you have only 1 day in San Juan del Sur, I suggest booking a ride with Rancho Chilamate to get a flavor of the authentic Nicaragua.

1  Thank Brooke055
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I are travelling for a few months and this is one of the best things we have done. Jeremy and Blue are really nice and very professional. We had a great selection of cowboy clothes to choose from and the horses were amazing. It was our first time horse riding and we were galloping in the water on the beach. This trip exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Having traveled for years to many places in the world I admit that I have become somewhat complacent when it comes to participating in "adventures" in the places I stay. My friend Natalie who lives in San Juan Del Sur suggested I do the horseback ride with Blue and Jamie and that it would be an experience I would not long forget. So I signed up but did not have high expectations. However, from the moment Blue picked us up in town I could tell that this experience was going to be something different. All I can say is that as great as most of the reviews on this page are, they can not fully describe what a day with this truly unique couple is like. It was one of the greatest times I have had in a very long time.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

One of my best experiences ever in Central America!!!! I have been traveling to Central America for over 15 years. If you want an incredible experience go on this tour!!! Guides are extremely experienced. I booked this tour because my girlfriend has ridden horses for 25 years. I on the other hand have only ridden twice. That did not matter. We got to dressed up like cowboys and cowgirls to increase the atmosphere. Blue and her boyfriend have an incredible house and take you in like family. Tour was several hours and it was not just riding horses in a line. We were able to go away from the group and also had some beach time where we were able to actually take horses into the ocean! When we were back home Blue sent us pictures that she had taken from our day. For a small fee we were able to purchase pics. Reccommend trip to anyone going to Nicaragua!!!!!!!