“World Class Experience”

Rancho Chilamate Adventures on Horseback
More attraction details
Owner description: Rancho Chilamate offers guided horseback rides for adventurous travelers looking to get up close and personal with Nicaragua. The ride leaves from the ranch through the local community, into open fields and over hilltops for spectacular views, crossing the river several times for excellent wildlife viewing (almost guaranteed to see monkeys) and then to the secluded beach for a refreshment break and more riding adrenalin.This solar-powered private ranch caters to smaller, more intimate groups to ensure only the best of service. Let's Ride!
Morresville, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“World Class Experience”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Having traveled for years to many places in the world I admit that I have become somewhat complacent when it comes to participating in "adventures" in the places I stay. My friend Natalie who lives in San Juan Del Sur suggested I do the horseback ride with Blue and Jamie and that it would be an experience I would not long forget. So I signed up but did not have high expectations. However, from the moment Blue picked us up in town I could tell that this experience was going to be something different. All I can say is that as great as most of the reviews on this page are, they can not fully describe what a day with this truly unique couple is like. It was one of the greatest times I have had in a very long time.

Visited July 2013

Bethany Beach, Delaware
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“WOW!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

One of my best experiences ever in Central America!!!! I have been traveling to Central America for over 15 years. If you want an incredible experience go on this tour!!! Guides are extremely experienced. I booked this tour because my girlfriend has ridden horses for 25 years. I on the other hand have only ridden twice. That did not matter. We got to dressed up like cowboys and cowgirls to increase the atmosphere. Blue and her boyfriend have an incredible house and take you in like family. Tour was several hours and it was not just riding horses in a line. We were able to go away from the group and also had some beach time where we were able to actually take horses into the ocean! When we were back home Blue sent us pictures that she had taken from our day. For a small fee we were able to purchase pics. Reccommend trip to anyone going to Nicaragua!!!!!!!

Visited July 2013
San Francisco
“No brainer - a must-do in San Juan del Sur!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

A group of six of us did a sunset ride with Blue and Jamie in June. It was a really amazing experience. You get to see a part of the country you'd never see otherwise, and Blue and Jamie are such great hosts that make you feel at home and comfortable. Some of us had previous riding experience and others were completely new to riding, and Blue and Jamie knew exactly how to match riders to horses. You really feel like you bond with the horses by the time you're done. The sunset by the beach was absolutely beautiful, and the nighttime ride back to the ranch was magical with fireflies everywhere. Blue and Jamie also shared their experiences living in Nicaragua and are well liked by the local community. Blue mentioned she often gives people rides when she sees them walking along the street, and they've helped bring sick locals to the hospital when they didn't have their own transportation. They give back in other ways to the community too, promoting local entrepreneurs and donating their tips to local charities.

Oacoma, South Dakota
“Unforgettable!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

There are no words to describe this amazing adventure! I was in Nicaragua on my honeymoon along with some friends we invited along. While our men spent the day fishing my girlfriend and I rode with Rancho Chilamate. They came highly recommended by our local friend Mandy and I am now highly recommending riding with them as well! As we drove up to the ranch owned by Blue and her husband Jesse our breath was taken away. Their ranch was unbelievable! We rode through neighborhoods, plains and jungle to a remote beach (where the Nicaraguan Survivor was filmed) and was able to run/ride up and down the beach as we pleased. To top it all off Blue is a professional photographer and takes pictures of all the riders as theyre riding. My girlfriend and I are photographers as well so this feature really sold us. All in all this SJDS excursion is a must for any of those interested in a horseback ride. Its unlike any other! TRULY!!!

Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“How to fall in love with San Juan”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was by far the best thing I did while in Nicaragua. Blue and Jamie are the most amazing people and you will never feel more comfortable around two people more than you will with them. The quintessential hosts who gave me the best ride for hire that I've ever taken. You get to see the rural part of San Juan and relax. Over fields and hills, through woods and back roads and then the piece de resistance, racing up and down a secluded beach. Being give the opportunity to really enjoy a horse and use your skills is a rarity. The horses aren't so conditioned to trail riding that they are like robots. Blue is also an amazing photographer and you will have the perfect way to remember your day.

1 Thank tadec5