“Spectacular day”

Rancho Chilamate Adventures on Horseback
More attraction details
Owner description: Rancho Chilamate offers guided horseback rides for adventurous travelers looking to get up close and personal with Nicaragua. The ride leaves from the ranch through the local community, into open fields and over hilltops for spectacular views, crossing the river several times for excellent wildlife viewing (almost guaranteed to see monkeys) and then to the secluded beach for a refreshment break and more riding adrenalin.This solar-powered private ranch caters to smaller, more intimate groups to ensure only the best of service. Let's Ride!
Reviewed July 5, 2013

During my many years on this earth I have ridden horses in many countries, England, Argentina, France, Costa Rica, Mexico, and on and on. The day that Blue and Jamie put together at the beautiful ranch, Rancho Chilamate, in Nicaragua ranks right up there with the best riding experiences that I have had. They are a charming couple. The horses are the best. And the countryside, the beach . . . all of it was most memorable. The day with the Lakes at Rancho Chilamate was the highlight of my trip to Nicaragua.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I cannot accurately describe how great my time was at Rancho Chilamate! My boyfriend and I visited SJDS in May and were immediately interested in horseback on the beach. Blue was incredibly responsive and helpful in coming up with the best day for our excursion via email. When the day came, we met Blue in town at roughly 6:30AM and she drove us to her ranch (which is spectacular) where we met another couple joining us on our ride and Jamie. Blue has quite the collection of boots and accessories to really help you feel the part! After getting dressed up, the camera was pulled out for a photo session at the house and for the remainder of the day. Blue and Jamie were so helpful and fun! Before you knew it, two very-inexperienced riders were cantering down the beach in the water. The feeling was indescribable! We returned to the ranch a few hours later and ended the trip with a shot (or two) of Flor de Cana. Great time with great people. A few weeks later we were able to see all of Blue's photos...truly works of art! Highly recommend this adventure!

OutOfTheBlue63, Owner at Rancho Chilamate Adventures on Horseback, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thank you cowgirl Leah. It was a great ride!
~ Blue

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We visited Nicaragua in 2011 and 2 years later we still have the photos all over our apartment and measure every activity we do on a trip against this amazing experience. To date, nothing has surpassed it, hence why I'm writing this review.

This is a must do if you're anywhere near San Juan del Sur.

Thanks Jaime and Blue -- the crew from Colorado is still talking about our trip to the ranch!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This horseback ride at Rancho Chilamate was definately one of the most amazing and persiting experiences we had while travelling Nica! Blue and Jamie did a great job to make us feel "Cowboy and Cowgirl" ! Galopping the beautiful beach down at the waterline was simply gorgeous!
The wonderful and professional photos of the ride, taken by Blue and posted a few days later, are a perfect souvenir to a perfect day at Rancho Chilamate. And the " Flor de Caña" out of Jamie's favourite skull glasses builds the final and heartwarming finish to a perfect ride.
Folks: whenever you travel Nica, this is a must!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I still smile every time I think of my Rancho Chilamate adventure. I was nervous when the ride began, as I had only been on a horse for a few plodding rides during my childhood, but Jamie and Blue were attentive and kind and reassuring, and my horse Uncle Morty was fabulous. By the time we reached the beach I felt relaxed and confident, and Morty and I ran on the sand and frolicked in the water. I couldn't believe it!

As an added bonus, Blue takes absolutely gorgeous photos of everyone on the ride. You can see one of mine as my tripadvisor profile pic!

I just can't wait to go back and do this again someday. Don't miss this extraordinary experience!