“Wonderful Massage!”
Review of Spa del Sur - CLOSED

Spa del Sur
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa del Sur is San Juan del Sur's finest full service day spa. We offer many styles of massage therapy, manicures, pedicures, facials, waxing, body scrubs, etc. Our services are very reasonably priced, and the quality and value of the experience you will have far outweighs the cost. All of our services are provided by highly skilled spa specialists with extensive North American and Nicaraguan training and experience.
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I was spoiled with the previous owners of Spa del Sur, Kai and Elena. I went to Kai for a couple of months (2, sometimes 3, times per week) upon my move to San Juan del Sur and was so bummed when this great duo moved to Italy. Alas, Valeria has filled their shoes and, once again, I am enjoying fabulous massages at Spa del Sur. Don't let the small space fool you .... Valeria keeps the spa very clean and it's quite comfortable. Treat yourself with the 90 minute massage, you'll be happy you did!

1  Thank PHXJoan

Reviewed January 17, 2011

My wife and I got two massages each over three days. The price was great, the massages were great, and the couple the runs the place were very friendly. Even to the point of helping us book other excursions during our stay in San Juan del Sur. My wife and I get a lot of massages in the states and would compare the level of training and technique to any of the places we have lived and gotten massage (DC, Philadelphia, Santa Fe).

There are some downsides to getting a massage in SJDS, but they were out of the control of the owners. For example, folks in SJDS love to set off firecrackers. So you may hear noise during your massage. The same goes for roosters.

If we had stayed three more days, we would have gotten three more massages each.

Reviewed January 10, 2011

I spent several months in San Juan del Sur in 2010, and frequented Spa del Sur at least 6-7 times during that period. It is a beautiful, clean open space that is run by a wonderful couple from North America, with everything up to North American spa standards. I had several massages at Spa del Sur, mostly with Kai, who is absolutely fantastic and incorporates many different massage techniques into one relaxing and tension easing session. The prices are very reasonable (and cheap compared to Spa/massage prices in North America!). This spa offers much more than massages, but I would highly recommend a massage by Kai to anyone visiting San Juan del Sur - one of the best treasures found in this little town!

Reviewed December 4, 2010

A massage with Kai certainly relaxed me before my 24 hour journey to return to the UK. He offers a very professional service and undertakes a detailed consultation with clients in advance of the massage so that he can take on board any personal requests and help guage the intensity of the treatment. Throughout the procedure he would check that I was comfortable. The location of the spa is away from the centre of San Juan (altough within easy walking distance) and benefits from the calm, quiet local residential atmosphere

1  Thank peterh125
LivingAlohaNicaragua, Owner at Spa del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2010

Thanks for the great feedback! It was wonderful meeting and working with you!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Never envisioned I would write something quite so esoteric, but i would characterize Kai as a healer. He is one of those rare 'real deals' that listens to what ails, finds the root of the issue and then works it out. Literally.

I have been fortunate to get massages from some of the best therapists in the world, and Kai is in top three.

No joke - we are dipping into Costa Rica for a week, and I was considering if there was a way to fly out of Managua instead of what is current scheduled (San Jose) just so we could get a departure massage from Kai at the end of our trip.

Crazy talk, yes. But true.

Do yourself a favor and get your twisted body over to Spa del Sur.

1  Thank sculty

Wow, what a flattering review! We really appreciate it! It was so nice to meet you both and we hope to see you again!