“Horrible staff”
Review of Hostel Pachamama

Hostel Pachamama
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We went to pachamama 3 nights for sundayfunday. First at the reception the girl told us they were full, and we had to insist for her to really look: 5 beds were avaible in a 12 beds dorm. We put our stuff (cameras, iphones, credit cards...) in the safety boxes under the bed, closed by lockers. Our room was open and was always full of people from we dont know where. First party night my friend had his box broken and bag stolen, and the owners, (drunkest than everyone in the bar, smoking on our terrace) did nothing, they told us they have cameras but didnt watch it, told us "free drinks for you", that was lies... The place seems really cool but gives the impression that you are an unwelcoming person in the staff teenager house. Good for party but you can sleep elsewhere and just come for the bar.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnaJaJa

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I decided to stay here after recommendations from a number of travellers I had met. The vibe was great. It is the place to stay in San Juan Del Sur, especially if you are looking for a party. The Sunday Funday Pool Crawl is not to be missed. The common area/Bar/kitchen/pool area was great and made it super easy to meet people. I met people here that I ended up travelling with for weeks after. Can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Top dorm room is great for a breeze.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kendell K
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Had good time here - fun party atmosphere and a great vibe. Unfortunately, this was overshadowed by some incredibly rude staff members. One front desk employee, Mily, was famous for just saying, "what" when you walked up to the front desk. I have no idea how this person has a job in hospitality. Another employee who has to guard the stairs during parties tried to fight me after I let a girl use the bathroom in my room - all of the others were full with a huge lines. He was clearly wasted.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank djohnst
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I came there and as soon as they heard that I'm Israeli they said they have no room. When my boyfriend came to ask without telling he's Israeli they did have room for us, so we checked out from our hostel in order to move to Pachamama. When we got there and the staff realized that we are together (and Israelis) suddenly they had no place despite the fact that my friend has already put his passport as a check-in deposit. The staff was extremely rude and snob and had no reasonable explanation for their behaviour. Our previous hostel was already full and we were empty handed in the rain with all our bags. I think that a hostel that allows himself not accepting people because of their nationallity is not a place any person should stay in.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
12  Thank Stav Y
Reviewed June 10, 2014

As a former worker and initially client of Pachamama I have to say this people work and keep the party going in one of the prime spots in the center of San Juan del sur. big party hostel yes but they also have their annex which allows gusts t have a relaxing time in the hammocks or the small pool in the back. Two minute walk form the beach perfect to go and have a sitdown for sunsets in beautful San Juan del Sur.

They offr a lot of services, surf lessons, shuttles to the beaches, laundry, as well as setting up other tours for their clients, the owners are always around assuring u a quality service. The parties ooo man the parties , open mic one night, beer pong tourney another day toped off with the pool crawl on sundays with Naked tiger.

Over all great place to saty if u want to party or just chill u have the choice def a must if u wan to hangout downtown San Juan

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I really liked it! I was staying at the small pacha (there are two and they are very close. You can also enter the big pacha where all the people hanging out) I paid 10$ for a bed in room of 4. There is a locker for the small bag, and it felt safe. I travel Alone and that was a great place to meet people. They change the sheets and clean the room every day! There is free coffee and pancakes in the morning (I didn't try). The people that works there very nice and speak English. And let's not forget that you get priority for the Sunday funday (it cost 10$).

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Thank Yaelis105 .
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed at the quieter Pacha's for more than one week, 100m from the big party hostel.

Positives

Social: Great staff - most of whom I made friends with, perfect for meeting a range of people (obviously mostly party orientated), affiliated with Party Central (main Pacha's) so huge group of people to chat and hang out with. Mainly 21-30 year olds
Location : Close to everything you need - cafés, shops etc. close to other Pacha's so there's something in every night. You feel part of the party / social SJDS community here
Dorm: Locker under beds, cleaned daily, sheets changed daily. Cheap - $10/night
Pool : Loved loved loved it - smallish but clean and often no one in it
Sunday Funday : $10 tix if you stay at Pacha's and also ends here so that was convenient to go back, rest up, have a shower then hard back out again
Shuttle to Maderas beach

Negatives

Dorm : Got really really hot. But cooler than dorm in other PM
Noise : Difficult to sleep Fri & Sat nights

Loved it and have lots of find memories here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo