I've been to quite a few hostels, but Pachamama was definitely one of my faves! The owner, Alex, and his staff are very laid-back and approachable, the beds were incredibly comfortable and all the guests seemed to be having a great time! The bathroom was kept very clean, which is difficult to do when it's used by many people, and the outdoor chill area was a great place to have a few drinks and make new friends. The location can't be beat; it's right next to the beach and close to stores and the market. I noticed some reviewers complained that it was too noisy, but when enough people get together and Flor de Cana is so cheap, a party is bound to break out! I was actually impressed by how quickly everything quieted down right at 11 pm, sometimes it's tough to convince people to leave for the bar and you usually have some loud stragglers.
All in all, a great spot to stay, and definitely one I'll be seeing again :)
P.S I have no idea why the one dude is complaining about lack of girls. Pretty sure the chicas outnumbered the guys while I was there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a boutique hostel that prides it self on quality customer service and a unique experience. Please join us at Hostel PachaMama for one of our many theme parties or an exciting daytime excursion! Whatever you decide you wont be disappointed! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Hostel Pachamama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Pachamama Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hostel Pachamama Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur