“A must do if in SJDS with some great people!!!”

San Juan del Sur Surf and Sport
Ranked #3 of 44 Tours in San Juan del Sur
More attraction details
Owner description: San Juan del Sur Surf and Sport is your adventure center in town. They can offer a variety of activities for all levels of adrenaline. They have over 20 different activities to choose from. Surfing, Fishing, coastal cruises, surfing lessons and turtle tours to name a few. All you need for a great vacation. Informative and Friendly staff with top of the line boats and equipment. English,Portuguese,French and Spanish spoken.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My friends and I first met these guys while walking around town our first day in SJDS, and from from the moment we started talking with them we liked all that worked here. We booked an all day fishing trip with them and had a blast. Dario and Dorian were great people and hard working guys. Dorian cut up one of the tunas we caught on the boat right in front of us and added a few spices and sauces and made us some great sushi. We caught two tunas within the first 5min of trolling and then a lot more throughout our trip. We had a blast with the crew and employees of the shop are top notch. Even days after our adventure with them they would always say hi and shake hands everytime we saw them in town. Great group of people. Thanks again Dario, Dorian and Louis.

1  Thank Zink3535

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a great
Time on the booze cruise. Pedro was such a great host and very friendly. We had such a good time, were doing surfing lessons with him tomorrow! Cheers to Pedro! Highly recommend if you're trying to explore San Juan!

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Soya gives a very thorough surf lesson at a great price. First off, the price includes the ride to and from the beach is inside Norberto's SUV (there are other beach shuttles that make you ride in the back of a pickup). Norberto is a friendly and easy going local who will stop the truck and let you out if you want to take a pic of a monkey-which goes a long way in my book. Plus, if you're staying in town, he'll drop you off at your hotel.

Surf lesson- Soya starts the instruction out on land and you get a chance to perfect your stand up technique on a practice surfboard before you hit the water. Once you have that down, you head out into the chest high water and practice standing up in the whitewater (which is ideal for beginners). He gives individual help to anyone who needs it, and he had the majority of my class standing on the board by the end of the lesson (I also saw him give a private lesson to a novice and he had her standing consistently). He'll tailor his lesson if you're more than a beginner surfer. You'll be pretty tired after your lesson, but he'll let you use a surfboard and rash guard if you want to go out again in the afternoon. On top of that, Soya is probably the nicest guy that I met during my visit in San Juan del Sur.

Dario and San Juan del Sur Surf and Sport did surf lessons, a fishing trip, and an ATV ride for our group and everyone had a very memorable time-no bs-his trips were the highlights. These guys do everything right at a good price.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Booked the trip with Dario on April 5, 2014. First, for anyone nervous about Nicaragua, don't be. Great town and very safe. Dario's team is highest caliber, more professional than you will meet in more established fishing communities. We arrived at 6 and Dario was there to send us on our way - everything ran like clockwork. Checked us in through the harbor, boat ready, and off we went. Dorian and Darwin were amazing crew/captain. The boat was super clean, they crew was safe, had a plan, had great equipment. They provided plenty of beer, fruit, etc... but my husband spent nonstop time reeling in fish that nothing else mattered. 3 snapper right away, 18+ white tuna, jack etc... Me, the wife, more interested in site seeing saw dolphins, turtle, sail fish, and more. They even took me into a cove for morning dip. We had a bit of sushi on the boat!!! The crew make this a fun and exciting experience and best of all they know what they are doing and make sure you have a great trip. Will be back!

1  Thank Lifewith10
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The owner personally went out of his way to make sure our fishing trip was top of the line. The staff made sure we were having a great time and were full of energy.

The best fishing experience I have ever had in my life. So good we went twice!!

Thanks Dario!