“Best Fishing Experience of my Life”

San Juan del Sur Surf and Sport
Ranked #3 of 39 Tours in San Juan del Sur
More attraction details
Owner description: San Juan del Sur Surf and Sport is your adventure center in town. They can offer a variety of activities for all levels of adrenaline. They have over 20 different activities to choose from. Surfing, Fishing, coastal cruises, surfing lessons and turtle tours to name a few. All you need for a great vacation. Informative and Friendly staff with top of the line boats and equipment. English,Portuguese,French and Spanish spoken.
Oxford, Ohio
“Best Fishing Experience of my Life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

The owner personally went out of his way to make sure our fishing trip was top of the line. The staff made sure we were having a great time and were full of energy.

The best fishing experience I have ever had in my life. So good we went twice!!

Thanks Dario!

Long Island City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Half day fishing: success!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We took a half day boat out toward the Costa Rica border for fishing. Luis set everything up just the night before and even picked us up and dropped us off at our resort. Dario and Darwin captained the boat and took care of the lures, resulting in 5 black skipjack tuna and a mahi mahi that weighed about 12 pounds. Everything went great once the fish started biting! Next time I'll go during the wahoo or sailfish season with these guys, I was very happy with them. Especially since they brought the Tino, and made me have one each time I caught a fish!

3 Thank CachorritoDC
Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best time in San Juan del Sur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 days with San Juan Del Sur surf and sport. First day my son Lucas took surf lessons with Saul and had a blast. We hung out at the beach and kicked back in the hammock and stayed all day. With a the bar and restaurant a few feet away no need to go any where else. The 2cnd day took us out on the water for a day of fishing, my arms are still sore from hauling in a load of fish. I highly recommend Dario and his crew Luis, Saul, Dorian and Darwin.

1 Thank Dale C
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fishing experience. A++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Went fishing twice (one half day and one full day) with this crew (Luis, Dorian and Darwin). They definitely knew where the fish were, and how to get them in the boat. Our two day count was six dorado (rare this time of year) and 20 tuna (both black tuna and white tuna). Not bad given that this is really their slow fishing season. Can't wait to try them during the prime fishing season months! Thanks guys for a memorable trip!

1 Thank Benjamin U
Kennebunk, Maine
“Fun with Dario!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Was down in San Juan Del Sur in mid February. Hooked up with Dario and the SanJuan del Sur Surf and Sport crew after arriving. Dario and his crew were fantastic.....Dario himself speaks perfect English and Spanish and is a wonderful family guy! Had a great time fishing with him, and told him my son was hoping to go hiking somewhere in San Juan del Sur. So the next day he took us both hiking up a mountain and onto some land he owned where he had a farm. We enjoyed eating sugar cane and passion fruit on his farm, then hike back down. Had a great time. Dario is the guy you want to hook up with in San Juan del Sur if you are serious about having a good time!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Dave J
SJDSSURF, Owner at San Juan del Sur Surf and Sport, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dave and Connor,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your input since it informs us as to how our guests view our services. I like to think that you come to us as a paying customer but leave as a friend.

Truly enjoyed fishing with you and taking Connor on the hike. Felt great the next day. Do stay in touch and come back soon.

Adios Amigo,