“NSR is the ideal spot for surfers and non-surfers alike in San Juan del Sur” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of NSR San Juan Del Sur

NSR San Juan Del Sur
We can't find prices for this accommodation
NSR San Juan Del Sur
docside23
“NSR is the ideal spot for surfers and non-surfers alike in San Juan del Sur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

My girlfriend and I just got back from a wonderful surf trip with NSR. We initially thought NSR was simply a reliable daily surf forecast, but we soon found out that it is a one-stop shop for hotel, surf trips, and access to very high quality board rentals. I would especially recommend this hotel for experienced surfers who are looking for a reliable and affordable base to put your stuff down and hunt for surf. Perhaps the best feature of NSR is the sense of hospitality from both the owners (Bryan and Heather) and their surf staff (Roberto and Miguel). With the combined benefits of free internet, access to great surf and staff, and affordability, I can assuredly say that we will be staying here again in the near future. For surfers and non-surfers alike, NSR is your best bet in San Juan.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality

Families
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2010

I can't say enough good things about the NSR house. We spent 5 weeks there and it was nothing shy of perfect. The place has it all, it's very clean, new , spacious, has new beds, hot water, air conditioning, 24 hour security, board rentals, internet access, and easy access to anything in town.
What really makes the NSR house the best place in town is not the amenities, but the people behind the place. We always felt welcome. I must make a special mention to Brian, Heather, Carl, D-lite, Roberto, Miguel, and of course Edwin. You guys all showed us such a great time and were on so many occasions very helpful. Because of the diversity of the people at the NSR house it was always easy to get information, find things, learn a little history, get a helping hand or just have someone to hang out with. I would strongly recommend the place to anyone and already have to my closest friends and family.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

My boyfriend & I decided we wanted to vacation in Nicaragua and the NSR crew (Heather, Brian, Carl, etc.) went above & beyond from beginning to the end of our trip ensuring we had everything from transportation to the best of accommodations...not to mention quality fun! We did everything from hiking & ziplining through the plush, tropical foliage of the Nicaraguan mountains to surfing the best waves we had ever witnessed in our lives. Although I didn't always go out in the water with him...there was still so much for me to do and Heather did a great job in setting me up w/a yoga class, spa day & even went shopping w/me to show me all the good spots to buy some souvenirs for fam. back home!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
North Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

We stayed at NSR in San Juan Del Sur for a week. We actually just stopped there on our way into town to get some information and we ended up renting one of their rooms and staying the whole week. The place is spotless and had everything we needed. We were planning on doing day trips to surrounding area beaches and it worked out great. Brian & Heather, as well as all their support staff were fabulous to us, and by the end of the week we had made some new friends. They have been in the area for over 5 years and were able to give us information on anything we needed. This was invaluable as driving around can be a bit of a challenge if you don't have very specific directions. There are very few signs in Nicaragua!! We truly felt that had we not met them our time in SJDS would have been different and our experiences would have been much less. The room was basic but it had a/c, was spotless, the linens were high quality, the bed was super comfortable and the water was hot. After staying in many other places in Nicaragua in this price range we knew this was a great deal. The location suited us as we could walk into town and to the waterfront in 5-10 minutes. Additionally, we knew our vehicle and belongings that we left in the room would be safe. All in all we loved NSR and all the people there. Take a surf lesson from their instructor, Dwight, he truly is the best. Super patient and overall a great instructor.
Tanis & Stu, North Vancouver, Canada

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Athens, GA / San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2010

I cannot say enough great things about the NSR people, the nice room, the friendly guys & girls who make sure you trip is great & your surf is enjoyable, or the brand new secure accommodations. And while the location is not the most scenic (just behind the Texaco), it is easy to find and in a safe secure neighborhood with a great surf shop right up front.
The surf guides, Roberto & Miguel, are also your personal photographers and chauffeurs to only the best breaks, smoothest waves, and least crowded beaches in all of Southern Nicaragua.
5*Stars (*****) across the board. go see them at http://www.nicaraguasurfreport.com & click on TODAY's Surf report for many photos.

If they asked me for my recommendations to improve the stay even more, I would only say that adding some sort of cooktop or grill & a gathering/sitting area would make longer stays easier so that you wouldn't have to go out to restaurants every night & day.
However, I had amazing meals every day, hardly ate the same place twice, spent on average about $2.35 each for breakfast & lunch around town and found an amazing filet mignon at Bamboo Beach for $12 bucks!

Thanks again, guys! http://www.nicaraguasurfreport.com !

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank wellsn
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

I recently returned from a 1 month stay and I had a blast. The room was big and well appointed with nice beds/bedding, A/C and a private bathroom. It was very comfortable and very quiet. They also had free wireless internet, which was a big plus since I like to stay connected. The owners live upstairs and they treated me like an old friend. They helped me get to the beach, they recommended the best places to eat and they even helped me select the proper surfboard. My experience surely would have been different if I didn't have access to their local knowledge. NSR is a surfing business and it was awesome to be a part of it - even if it was only for a short time. The only negative might be the lack of a kitchen to use, but that wasn't even too bad since there are so many inexpensive restaurants within a short walk. I will definitely be back and have already recommended NSR to my friends.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort
Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort
#21 of 27 in San Juan del Sur
Rancho Chilamate Off-Grid Guest Ranch

Been to NSR San Juan Del Sur? Share your experiences!